Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Evie keeps showing her third eyelids, mainly when her eyes are half open. She had conjunctivitis a month ago now, so maybe it's this returning? She is trying to close her left eye as much as possible. I'm so worried about her, we can get her to a vet first thing. We've still got some Futhicalmic eye drops, which I'll use in the mean time. What could it be? I'm trying to mentally prepare that it could be an infection, as she has been quite ill.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to note - Evie has been eating well, drinking water and playing a lot, she doesn't seem that ill. She has had a touch of diarrhea this week, I did try giving her worming powder 2 weeks ago, but she may not have had enough- so it could be worms?!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It could be a recurrence of the conjunctivitis, or worms, or something else...although given her lack of other symptoms, it's likely nothing serious. I'm glad to hear you're taking her to the vet tomorrow, and try not to worry in the interim. I hope she's feeling better soon!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

So after a trip to the vets yesterday, where she had dye put in her eye to search for an ulcer, her tear ducts and mouth examined, and her lungs listened to... She has a irritated third eye lid, most likely still from her conjunctivitis three weeks ago- so it's eye drops twice a day. They aren't sores on her mouth either!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts