Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heart broken about Zoë not having kittens...I feel such a tremendous loss. I made kitty pillows and blankets for goodness sakes! :oops: I just put so much of myself and of my emotions in this process for it to turn out this way.
Although it was a bit "unspoken" between me and my partner, I knew we'd end up keeping one from the litter. But now there is no litter and I have no babies and I have no baby to keep :cry: Last night in my pouting I told my partner that I thought Zoë needed a baby kitty to help her get through this hard time, having lost her litter and all. The response was not what I had hoped. "Then we would be crazy cat ladies!!!" Katie loves our cats just as much as I do. We actually were just going to have one. Surfboard was my birthday present last July but she stole him from me! When he wanted attention, Katie was sure that she was the one giving it. Now he's a big needy baby just like her! They are two peas in a pod. Anyway, I was able to get her to agree to Zoë because Surfboard was more like her cat and I wanted my own. But she says if we have three then it wouldn't be fair to Zoë and Surfboard. Is she right? Should I not console myself with kitten? BUT I WANT ONE! As much as I want one for me, I also feel the need to rescue one and give it a good, safe home.
What to do...what to do...tell me I should go right now...I could make it to the humane society before they closed...tell me to go, tell me to go!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"And the visitors are surprised by the number of cats they see... not just one or two, but often a hundred or more cats at one location! Sadly, inundated by so many cats, and not enough homes, 87% of all cats turned in to the Humane Society are euthanized. This amounts to approximately 13,000 cats a year. Why and how did this happen to our island paradise?"

SEE!! I should go adopt shouldn't I. Thank god Zoë didn't have her kittens...I knew it was bad but I didn't realize it was so much worse here in the islands. I'm looking into fostering kittens...maybe that will help me get over this.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Go rescue a kitty! No, actually, your idea of fostering is probably better. So many no-kill shelters need foster parents, especially for kittens.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yes, go rescue a kitty off of death row!!! I think it is a good idea...some wouldn't agree with me, but when I have suffered a pet loss, I am one who tends to rescue another animal fairly soon afterwards, and it helps SO MUCH. I am by no means replacing my lost pet, but it WILL fill the hole in your heart. I think you should definately go for it. Keep us posted :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts