Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big new guiy cat Buddha isn't being submissive to tiny little girl Mia the way he should be. It's just bcause Mia lacks confidence. When she faces him he freezes. When she runs he chases.

B just chased Mia into the recliner, her favorite hiding place. Then he laid down near it waiting for her to come out. I don't know if she would have come out if she dign't see me close by but when she did she went to answer her step-sister Fay's call. I had to lock Fay in the south side of the estate because she interferes to much with the Buddha/Mia intro. Every time Fay sees B start to chase Mia she's on him clawing his butt. I'd like to think she's being protective of Mia but I know it's just the excitement that gets her going.

When Mia went to the south side door.... kitty interupt, bbl

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Relative peace. Mia is up on the chair just to the right of Fay's head. She barely shows but I didn't want to disturb the scene by going out to get a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now he's got a seat and you can see little Mia next to Fay in this shot

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Awwww, that's a great picture!!

Seems like things are going okay. Of course, anything short of a heat-seeking, snarling, attack cat seems "okay" to me.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"heat-seeking, snarling, attack cat"

That's pretty much Fay. But it's not constant so she'll get tired of it. Buddha will just have a lot of scars on his butt.

He hopped up on the couch today because he thought my coffee was something he could eat and Mia didn't budge from her spot on the back of the couch as he walked across my lap, purred and head butted me. She's the one I'm worried about but she's calming down. I'm pretty sure they'll end up as cuddle buddies but right now she's attached to me 24/7 making sure I still love her.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good luck Dave_ph. Maybe you'll stumble upon the key to cat behavior for all your effort. :wink Don't forget to let the rest of us in on it when you do.

It's exasperating as can be either trying to figure why cats do what they do or trying to get them to do something other than what they're doing.

Funny though. For some reason I still kind of expect cats to behave like people only better and for all the cats to behave the same and consistently. Needless to say, people drive me nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts