Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its driving me nuts!
My bf has lived her for about 14 years. The people who lived here before him had everything pink, which is why the kitchen walls are pink :?
Aparently when he moved in EVERYTHING was pink. The bathroom suite we still have is pink :roll:

Anyways, we finished the bedroom a few months ago. We want to move house, but before we can there is some serious work to be done. The bathroom will be next arrgh! We also have to replace the patio door glass because the double glazing has gone off.

So I didnt take a picture of the kitchen before we started, but basically the wallpaper was peeling off. Every night when I go to cook I just push everything to one side to make room lol.

The paint on there now is a cheap undercoat cause the wall is in such a state.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey! That wall! That is what the wall in my kids' bathroom looks like! :lol:
The bathroom was wall-papered a hideous mint green and peach floral pattern with dark green and white tile around the shower. :?

The kids loved to take super hot showers, then leave the door shut when finished. The humidity built up so high that it caused the wallpaper to start peeling off, and the vinyl floor to start curling up around the edge (also because of the wet towels and clothes they left on the floor).

One of these days, I will eventually get ALL of the wallpaper off and paint it. Floor is hubby's problem. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
OMG. Take that kitchen, give it cracking peel-and-stick linoleum, make the cabinets 20-year-old salvages that don't match, and take out the fancy appliances ... and that's my kitchen. :D I feel your pain!

*mutters something about needing a dishwasher*

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
PINK!! I remember that color! It must have been very popular at some time. Our last house was also pink - on the exterior too. One bathroom had pink walls. Pink tile. Pink linoleum. Pink bathtub. Pink sink. Pink toilet. Yes, toilet.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have made lots of progress by Sun evening.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think "pink" was the color of choice in the late 1950's but may be wrong. I still can't get over the colors of the 1970's. Uhg! Harvest gold and Avocado green.
Of course, my parents thought this was THE BEST so even when they remodeled in the 1980's, they went back with the same darn colors: and the ugly "fall tapestry" (leaves and acorns, etc) when they had our hideous furniture re-upholstered.
God, I hated it! I still have a (potentially) beautiful antique chair. I remember when it was red velvet...and my parents had it upholstered in harvest gold tweed. ARGH! I (of course) inherited it. :roll: I can't let it go, though...it belonged to my grandfather, then my father. It was given to me when my dad died and as hideous as it is, he loved it. What's one to do? :?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superkitties said:
One bathroom had pink walls. Pink tile. Pink linoleum. Pink bathtub. Pink sink. Pink toilet. Yes, toilet.
Thats our bathroom now :roll:
Thats the next job once we save up enough money, which will hopefully be in january and we will get the new bath suite in the january sales.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Oh gosh...I HATE my kitchen right now...no, it isn't pink...but it IS very old with yellow countertops and falling apart cabinets, and so small you can barely turn around in it. :roll: Oh, and we have no dishwasher and no GARBAGE DISPOSAL either. :twisted:

Here it is:

(yes, that last picture is the entire kitchen.) :roll: :twisted:

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come to the UK we dont have garbage disposals at all :)
Some houses do I expect, but its not as commen as in the US.
The dishwasher is the love of my life LOL.
When I moved in with my bf he didnt have one, thought they were for lazy people, yet he rufused to do the washing up :roll:
His mum told me, before he met me she use to come around once a week and wash all his dishes, heleft a weeks worth for her to wash! 8O
So with my first pay I got when I found a job I bought a dishwasher, I love my baby ROFL.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Toilet makes a good disposal sometimes, and there are electric brushes by 'Dawn' that are fast for doing dishes. I don't have a dishwasher either, but after buying the electric scrub brush don't feel I need one.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ceeling is painted and the undercoat is done on the walls. This afternoon when the ceiling is dry we will do the first top coat on the walls.
I managed to paint my hair just now, stood on the kitchen worktop to reach the ceiling corner- head touched the ceiling with wet paint on it :roll: Had a nice touch of WHITE blonde for a while ;)

Ianthe- when I lived with my dad our kitchen was like that. Cept there was only room for one person, if you wanted to get past someone then one of you had to get out the kitchen first :roll:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ianthe, we have almost the same kitchen! Just turn it around the other way and ours has *maybe* an extra width of half a foot to a foot. Same ugly yellow countertops....and they stain sooo easily, ours are maybe a little lighter yellow.
Oh and you know what I hate...unlike your kitchen, ours is totally closed off with walls...no opening like yours. It is like going into a little box to cook.
AND our fridge is right up against the stove...talk about stupid...the heat from the oven/stove makes that side of the fridge hot.

Ianthe, I feel your pain. :lol:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
shlanon said:
Ianthe, we have almost the same kitchen! Just turn it around the other way and ours has *maybe* an extra width of half a foot to a foot. Same ugly yellow countertops....and they stain sooo easily, ours are maybe a little lighter yellow.
Oh and you know what I hate...unlike your kitchen, ours is totally closed off with walls...no opening like yours. It is like going into a little box to cook.
AND our fridge is right up against the stove...talk about stupid...the heat from the oven/stove makes that side of the fridge hot.

Ianthe, I feel your pain. :lol:
LOL :lol: I know....the refrigerator design is SO STUPID. :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wish I had a dishwasher :( My set up is similar. The long hallway looking design. My long wall is broke up y the entry way from the living room though. Fortunately they started a remodel on the kitchen right before we bought our house last year. We could still use new appliances. I have to sand and paint all the walls. The guy patched them and painted right over it :roll: He replaced all the countertop except for one section on a half wall :roll: If you look in the bottom right corner of the first you see the different countertop.

Good luck Zalensia. Let us see the final product!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well.....
The painting is finished!
But my bf decided he wanted a build a pantry :roll:
So really the kitchen doesnt look much better lol I will post pictures when thats done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts