Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Remember those kittens in bottles that people thought were real? They weren't.....the "bunny stomping craze" that Japanese schoolgirls were going through? Also fake.....bet this is just another gimmicky thing! I hope so, anyway....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Joke or not...heck, it's not something to be joking about. I hope it's fake, but you never know with some people. Animals are just their playthings in this life...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think what's most cruel is where your keys go... what you do with them when you get home.. how you throw them in your purse on your way out the door... banging into the dash of your car.... :[

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
The only good part about this story:

...although one of the purchasers had apparently bought hers to free the turtle inside it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It is awful :(

Apparently there's enough nutrients to keep them alive for a few mths and then they die :(

I just can't imagine....it's kind of one of those things where you want to buy them all and set them free but then they'll just keep replacing them with more...
People are sick!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think most people put them in aquariums after they get home.

It is possible that the key chains are manufactured just so they could entice Buddhist groups to buy them and release the animals. Traditionally, Buddhists release animals to atone for their wrongdoings. Before I was converted to a Christian, my mom and I would release animals all the time. It could be a religious thing.
Perhaps for some people it is, but for others it is like having a real live tomagatchi (those electronic pets) attached to their keys (except you can't feed the poor thing).

I get really angry when I see someone buying one of those little carnival game bowls for a beta. The poor fish needs at least 1 gallon of water with a HEATER and a working FILTER!!!! I used to go to this one local fish store where the guy who owned it was a marine biologist and refused to sell the tiny tanks with no filters and wouldn't sell 30 gallons worth of fish to someone who just bought a 2 gallon tank. I no longer have a tank, but I felt comfortable selling him my most prized fish to him when I took my tank down.

I honestly think that aquatic animals are the most abused/neglected/ill-treated animals just because these crimes are more easily hidden and more widely accepted. I think in this case, most people don't regard the life of fish, turtles and salamanders the way they should and having this abuse out in the open is more acceptable because it is "cute".

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
+1 for that. It is a shame. Just because it lives in water doesn't mean that they don't need a lot of excersise.

I think most bettas will be happier in a 3 or 5 gallon tank. The fish bowls are sick. ><

1 - 16 of 16 Posts