Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed something with my crew that someone else might find helpful.

I think all of us have at one stage had a cat that simply doesnt get on with the others and its unpleasant ..

Sooty my little rescue I have had for 10 months now ..in the beginning she was ok ... tolerated the other cats .. and then I had her spayed .. and she decided now she is queen bee and didnt want to have anything to do with the other cats anymore. I left it because spaying can traumatize them but it got worse.

Generally she stays out of the way but should any of my cats come near her she attacks.

I was beginning think I must rehome her but to find a good home for an adult cat here is impossible.

Anyhow I started confining her at the first sign of aggression and if she left the other cats I would pay her more attention.

(using dog logic here)

:lol: Its working ... she has stopped attacking the other cats ... she still isnt very friendly but ..its early days. :idea:

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
I wish my parents had done that with my brothers. :?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: I think my daughter wishes I had done it with her brothers..in fact I should have sent both my boys to outer space and left them there..ugggghhhhhh one is 23 the other 20 and its double trouble.

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
But aren't they out of the house by now? :eek:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
That's perfectly logical from a cat's standpoint. Since Sooty has decided she's the number one cat in the group, she demands first crack at your attention, and if she doesn't get it, she takes it out on the other cats. You did exactly the right thing.

Except.....dog logic? 8O Noooooooo.....let not those words be spoken here!! :lol:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are out of the house ..but still manage to cause hassles long distance.

Coaster I didnt tell sooty I was using dog logic :lol:

I do similar things with my dogs .... good behaviour gets attention... bad behaviour gets time out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts