Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
I can understand why your husband's worried. Do you know these teams?

The St. Louis Cardinals
The Brooklyn Dodgers
The New York Giants
The Boston Braves

They were around for a LONG time. There have been quite a few changes. The Dodgers were nicknamed "The Bums."

I used to be a huge baseball fan. I could probably have told you most of the good players' averages. Now I barely keep up with the Pirates. I never thought I'd see the day I'd say that! And my kids are shocked! There was a brick in 3 Rivers Stadium dedicated to me from my children for teaching them to be such lovers of the game!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
This sort of thing has been a worry of mine for a while. I would be a sobbing mess if the Vikings moved. :sad2

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
We've had our worries in Pittsburgh too. We were afraid the hockey team would leave. We bought our way out of danger by building new stadiums and arenas that we can't really afford. (I should say, "they,' because I don't even live in the country!) The teams had Pittsburgh over a barrel, "either we get new, or we leave." :( Heck, Three Rivers Stadium wasn't even paid for when it got blown up and replaced. There was nothing wrong with it! And then....there's the Colosseum in Rome. It lasted until an earthquake destroyed one side.

http://www.aviewoncities.com/rome/colosseo.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts