Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experiences of the night.

After hearing about the great price on the Petmate Freshflow fountain at petsmart.com, I decided to order a second one for my upstairs. I have the large model downstairs. So it came yesterday, I of course was very excited, the cats didn't seem impressed. I set it up in my bedroom, then I went to bed.

Well, when I set it up I noticed that the top doesn't snap down like it does on the large model, but I thought that was fine. I woke up at 5am to go to the bathroom. On my way out the door I stepped on a bunch of pebbles...odd. I went and put on my glasses (I'm blind as a bat), so that I could see what it was.

Thomas pulled the top off the fountain, removed the carbon filter, tore open the mesh that surrounds the filter and spread the carbon all over the floor. Apparently, that wasn't enough fun, so he also took out the resevoir, which had been filled with water and put that under my bed, where a large wet spot now resides.

What a nut! I guess I'll have to find some way to attach the top to the rest of the unit so that he can't do it again. Good thing it comes with an extra filter! Ahh...the adventures of living with Thomas.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Awww man!

Wouldn't you all just love to have a glimse into the thought process of your kitty? LOL

"Yeah... The bathtub is the PURRRRFECT place for the fishing pole toy!"

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Thomas is obsessed with the carbon filter. I taped the top piece down so that he couldn't get it off...or so I thought. But this morning my second carbon filter was destroyed. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't figure out how to keep him from doing this.

G

·
0 Posts
I stopped running the carbon filter in mine for the same reason. It doesn't appear to have any effect on the operation of the fountain and the cat's don't mind drinking it w/o the filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts