Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of brushes do you use? Fat Albert is now getting his fur back after having to be shaved, bald and I am wanting to know some good brushes to use.The reason he had to be shaved was because the brush i was using wasn't getting all the way through and he got matted underneath. This is what I was using Oster Brush & De-Tangle Combo Brush for Cats: Cats : Walmart.com It did not work.. All suggestions welcome on what kind of brush to use

Sorry for all the questions lately.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I notice that the pins are blunted (ball tipped) and this obviously prevents the hairs from being properly separated. I don't have a pic or link to the sort of brush I use, but the pins are closer set and not blunted. Of course, the groomer needs to be gentle with the type I use. Often the brush seems to be sticking and I go very slow. If Missy objects I stop and go to another area before coming back. She has nosed at theruh to seemingly ask that I use it. These days she seems to understand and is quite accepting. It could be that she remembers how uncomfortable the mats she had when I adopted her were.

I'm having difficulties trying to find a pic. I think they might be called slicker brushes. I got mine at a pet store for about $6.00. There are more fancy and expensive ones on line. I did see a combo in my local chain drug store the other day near the pet food.

Hey! What's a forum like this for if not to help solve problems.

Missy is a medium hair. You may need to use both types of brush for A long hair.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
For Cleo, I use this, she has thick hair and gets matts (like Jim says, you need to be careful with it):

I use this on all my girls, their groomer gave it to me, it's the best thing ever!

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
I use a comb like the one Marie posted. The pins on a slicker brush would never get through to the base of Holly's coat, it's way too thick.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks! I am going to a flea market this weekend so will keep an eye out for them. I can also stop by petsmart or something and see if they have one :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
my Elfie is medium long haired & I use a flea comb, zoom groom & then soft bristle brush,

the zoom groom is great for getting out hair from within the layer's of his coat as is the comb & the soft bristle brush collect's the loose hair up from the surface of his coat & gives a nice shine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts