Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my kitten on Saturday, he will be 10 weeks old. I work during the day (11am-8pm) and my boyfriend works nights (11pm-1pm the next day). So the kitten won't be alone for long....but what I'm thinking about is OUR sleep! I am going to be keeping the kitten in our bedroom for a week (because we are moving in a week and I don't want him running all over the house unsupervised). I am worried that my boyfriend won't get sleep during the day if the kitten is up and feeling frisky, and I'm worried that even if the kitten sleeps with my boyfriend all day that he will keep me up all night since he will have slept all day!

We live in a 2 bedroom apartment now, the second bedroom is occupied by our computers which have lots of wires so I dont' want to put him in there. The bathroom is FREEZING and he is not used to air conditioning AT ALL (the breeder that we got him from doesn't have it) and I am worried he will get cold or even sick from it.

Any thoughts? Think he would be ok in the bedroom if I play with him for 2 or 3 hours before and after I go to and get back from work? This will only be for a week, after we move he will have free run of our new apartment (which I am going into early to cat proof before we move!).

Thanks for any help!!!!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I would keep him with me, if I were you. He is used to having his litter mates and mom to sleep with. And, because he is little, I would keep him near at all times, and gradually give him more freedom. Kittens love to be warm, so the bathroom would not be good. Fortunately, kittens sleep a majority of the time. When they're active, however, they're really active. Of course, they wear themselves out.

Don't be surprised if you become a mountain to climb early in the A.M., however. And if you move your feet, they're fair game! If he bothers you too much, there is a toy that imitates mother cat, sounds and all. That might help. It's called Snuggle----something. Sorry, I don't remember the whole name.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice! I was just a little worried becuase my boy sleeps during the day and I sleep at night. I think as long as I play with him when I'm home he will be fine. I really don't like the thought of keeping him anywhere but close to me!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you have NO idea. I am going CRAZY!!!! I have been waiting since July 1....and the time is going SO SLLLOOOOWWWW!!!!! I saw him on July 1 and fell completely in love!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You can also put him in a cage when you are sleeping and let him out when you are awake. He will scream for a while but he'll eventually learn to sleep when you do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts