·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmmmmm vewy vewy interesting....... 8)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
This Flash is hosted on ElChulo.net.
This Flash Movie is being hosted on ElChulo.net. Flash movies such as this one require bandwidth for viewing on the internet. I allow these files to be viewed to the world at my own expense. Please help me keep these files online by donating to the cause. If a few visitors were to donate a dollar each, that would make all the difference. I am close to being forced to remove these large flash movies in order to keep my website online. Your support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
This is a farce!

I saw this EXACT same movie last week, the link posted by a user of another forum I visit.

Someone else posted a link to an explanation as to why the video "looked" so realistic. The video stretches the truth! I don't remember the name of the website that explained the falsities in the video, but in a nutshell it boils down to the fact that the plane slammed into the Pentagon with such force that there was no way to see the wreckage from the outside ring of the building where the video was shot. It got almost all the way through 4 rings. Not only that, MOST of the wreckage was burned to ashes, as were the planes that slammed into the Twin Towers, because they were full of fuel from the recent takeoff. It also goes on to explain, and show on video, how there were pieces of a 757 lying on the Pentagon lawn - gee! Somehow that was missed on THIS video!

I don't mean to go off on a political tangent or anything but it makes me mad when someone out there wants to cause a stir in the country over some "political views" and puts stuff out there for people to view and get misconstrued. IMO, it's just another thing that somebody wanted to add to the list of things not to like about the current administration in the White House and get them booted out of there. Not only that, if this video was shot FOR REAL then why did it take 3 years after the fact to get the story out? And, call it a coincidence, but it's an election year!

The fact is, Flight 757 DID crash into the Pentagon on 9/11. Otherwise, how do you account for all the souls lost in the flight that day?! I'm sure the families of those victims wouldn't appreciate "stories" like this. Ask them where their loved ones are today.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: This is a farce!

The fact is, Flight 757 DID crash into the Pentagon on 9/11. Otherwise, how do you account for all the souls lost in the flight that day?! I'm sure the families of those victims wouldn't appreciate "stories" like this. Ask them where their loved ones are today.
I didn't post any comments on this video because i really didn't have any. I too question it's content, but nonetheless it is thought provoking. I wondered about how you would account for all the poor people that were lost that day. However, I guess one could say that the plane was taken somewhere else, and maybe they haven't been accounted for.

I personally have no knowledge of the facts one way or the other, but anything is possible. Are you saying that the FACT is that thye 757 did crash into the pentagon just because the flight is missing and so are the people? Or, are you saying that because there is evidence that it was the 757 that in fact crashed into the pentagon. Was any of this video true? Is it true that no wreckage of the plane whatsoever was found? Is it is false?

I'm sure the families of those victims wouldn't appreciate "stories" if that's what they are...stories. But, are they?

I never had any doubt before about what happened, but this video does make you think.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Check out www.snopes.com for a good slam on that nasty, hateful video. As someone who got to watch what happened in New York firsthand, I am disgusted that anyone would try to dismiss any part of that attack as staged. I get sick to my stomach every time someone sends me that stupid video.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Rayona, do you have a direct link to the article? I'm having a hard time finding it with snopes' search function.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Re: This is a farce!

AddFran said:
Are you saying that the FACT is that thye 757 did crash into the pentagon just because the flight is missing and so are the people? Or, are you saying that because there is evidence that it was the 757 that in fact crashed into the pentagon. Was any of this video true? Is it true that no wreckage of the plane whatsoever was found? Is it is false?
I'm saying the fact is that the 757 did crash into the Pentagon because pieces of it were found on the Pentagon lawn as well as the innermost section of the damaged building, which was NOT looked into on this video.

The video does show real things but skips A LOT of detail. It fails to look INTO the building and it fails to explain all the "questions" posed by the person who started this website. All it accomplishes is posing a "shadow of a doubt" on the whole thing but doesn't substantiate why there should be any doubt.

It's not like I was there to see any of these things go on that day (THANK GOD!) but I find it extremely unbelievable that these things did NOT happen. Employees of the Pentagon either died or were injured that day. Over 100 lives were lost on that plane. All sorts of news programs went through the list of the dead, as well as some posting pictures. It's not like all these people just up and disappeared without explanation.

For the sake of all the victims and their families, I hope this guy's flash video does get shut down. Furthermore, I think his pleas for donations may even be a far cry considering you can still watch the video without giving a red cent. It's just somebody trying to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Rayona, thanks for posting the www.snopes.com link. That's the one I was talking about in my post but couldn't remember what it was nor how to find it.

I can't imagine having been there to see the Trade Centers fall. It was devastating enough watching it on TV. I remember that day so vividly. You know how people who were kids in the 60s say they'll never forget where they were the day Kennedy was shot? I'll never forget where I was on 9/11. I was at home and supposed to be working doing medical transcription when my husband called from his job and told me to turn the TV on. I just sat there and cried most of the day, sickened by what I was watching but yet I couldn't seem to tear myself away from it. Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate worth a darn and didn't try to finish working that day.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh geez, I didn't mean to imply the thing was staged or that it didn't happen. It just makes me think of what else could have occurred. Military planes rather than the 757, or worse yet a missile. I am very skeptical of lots of investigations, without getting too personal, I have a family member involved in a tragic event and the investigations do seem lacking in information and tend to be inconsistent.

So when I saw this, it makes me wonder. I can see how it could have been a political agenda on someone's part and I don't believe that it's completely factual or even mostly factual, however, again, it's provoking. I guess though, that's exactly what the maker of this video wants. I don't think though that anyone should turn a blind eye to any part of a unanswered or undefined investigation (particularly when the government is involved), even for the sake of the families. Nor, do I find it hateful, if some of the things stated in the video were truthful, it's still worth something in my mind. I think most of what we hear in the media today is someone scued by some one person's prospective. Including the findings of investigations of horrific events. If it were me, I'd want to know the truth. Though, I hope that these families, already do!

I didn't catch that part of the video where the person was asking for money either. I don't know if I ignored it because it wasn't part of the actual video, or if it was at the end and I had already turned it off.

I will also read the snopes article. By the way, I've been seeing a lot of people posting things from www.snopes.com. What is "snopes" and how do you know that it's is factual?
------------------------------------

I did go look at the link and they do clearly show pictures of the airplane's wreckage in other photographs.

I don't quite understand why the person they point out as the author (the frenchman) of this theory so to speak would want to imply something like this if there is so much obvious evidence that it was the 757 that crashed there. What does he gain by publishing something so false?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Thanks Rayona! :)

AddFran, snopes.com is the best place on the web (or any other medium, for that matter) for debunking urban myths and rumors. It's run by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson. They hear a myth through e-mail or through their message board and thoroughly investigate it. There is a bibliography that lists all of their sources at the bottom of the page. There are hundreds of hours of good reading on their site. Check it out! :D

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Annissa,
I just read it. It is a fascinating site, I'll be sure to check out many of the other stories.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rayona said:
Check out www.snopes.com for a good slam on that nasty, hateful video. As someone who got to watch what happened in New York firsthand, I am disgusted that anyone would try to dismiss any part of that attack as staged. I get sick to my stomach every time someone sends me that stupid video.
I have to say I was a little surprised at the tone in this post. It's starting to seem that as time goes on I'm noticing more and more people being more or less attacked or talking so nasty to one another.

I'm really starting re-evaluate my being a member of this forum. I thought we at least had enough respect for one another to treat each other with a little more courtesy than this. Whether you agreed with the video or not, I don't see a reason to post in this manner.

Rayona, I PM'ed you to apologize if i somehow offended you by posting the link to that video, however I wish you wouldn't have reacted this way. I don't think I deserved that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
AddFran, no hard feelings, okay? :) I wasn't slamming you, I was dismissing the video. That said, when posting links you find on the web on this or any other message board, it is your responsibility to pause and ask yourself if they are appropriate and what sort of discussion they will create. Controversial topics lead to heated discussions. If you don't want a raging debate, then don't start one. As my grandmother would say, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen." :wink:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
AddFran said:
I'm really starting re-evaluate my being a member of this forum. I thought we at least had enough respect for one another to treat each other with a little more courtesy than this. Whether you agreed with the video or not, I don't see a reason to post in this manner.
I can't speak for anyone else who posted under this thread but I personally want to say that my harsh tone was not directed toward you, AddFran. It was directed toward "The Frenchman" (or whatever he calls himself) who posed all those senseless theories and questions on that video.

Don't let something like this stop you from being a member of the Cat Forum. Regardless of anyone's political views or views about any other topics there may be, we all have one thing in common - a love for cats! IMO, it's alright to have disagreements with people on things. It doesn't mean at all that they or anyone else cannot enjoy getting into a discussion about it. That's why people are different. The world would be an awfully boring place if everyone thought the same about everything.

Again, I meant no direct punches towards you, AddFran. It just bothers me so bad to see this tragic event drug through the mud like this and what it must be doing to those left behind. Knowing how so many people's lives were lost that entire day, whether it be in NY or DC, some of them have got to have access to the Internet just like us and have probably had to listen to this too and that's not fair to them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Rayona said:
Controversial topics lead to heated discussions. If you don't want a raging debate, then don't start one. As my grandmother would say, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen." :wink:
Very well said, Rayona!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rayona said:
That said, when posting links you find on the web on this or any other message board, it is your responsibility to pause and ask yourself if they are appropriate and what sort of discussion they will create. Controversial topics lead to heated discussions. If you don't want a raging debate, then don't start one. As my grandmother would say, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen." :wink:
Yes, Rayona, you also posted this to me in your PM. And, like I said then I don't need your lesson in responsibility. You could have easily made your point about the video without making another vicious comment. Like the other posts that were made in this thread targeted the video, but not me for posting it.

You're response was a not debate like...and neither is this..

"If you don't want a raging debate, then don't start one."
"As my grandmother would say, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Putting a smily face wink after it, doesn't make it any nicer.

Thanks to all have made this forum very worth my while. I may come poke around from time to time, because I do want to learn and this place is a very valuable resource for information on cats. However, I don't think I will be posting in the future, as I don't deserve this type of treatment. Neither does anyone else for that matter.

Take care all!

Edit: After talking with a few folks on the forum privately, I am going to reconsider posting again here. Though I do stand by what I said in regards to the way I was targeted for posting this video & I do think it's thought provoking. I also think it would be silly to punish myself and the friends I've made here on the forum just because of one issue. I also feel that it was a little lame of me to say "outloud" that I won't be posting here again. I did mean it, it's not like I was saying it for attention, however, it was still a little lame to say it. I should have just not posted again -without having to call attention to it. Sorry about that guys.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What do they always say...in social situations, never talk about politics or religion. It never fails, feelings get hurt.

I have to say, when first looking at the video, I absolutely questioned the validity of what we heard on the news then, and now on this video. It's a shame that we have to question over and over if what we hear from the government is in fact true, or some sort of a cover up. It is a fact that the government releases false and misleading information all the time for a number of reasons. It could be to protect sensitive operations, to "leak" certain information to "mislead the enemy" or whatever. Although the reasons may be valiant and for our own protection, it still makes us wonder what the real truth is....guaranteed, the real and whole truth as to what happened that day we will never know.

Shoot, consider the Kennedy assassination, who knows what really happened.

I've learned to believe anything I see government related with a grain of salt. But I appreciate that we have that choice. Addfran, I'm for one glad that you posted that link. It raised a lot of thought and questions. It even had me going for a minute.

I certainly hope you don't leave this forum. I for one think you are a sweet, thoughtful person that always has a nice word to say to everybody. Not to mention I (and many others I'm sure) consider your knowledge about cats invaluable, and would seriously miss your presence here.

THis isn't the only thread that has raised tempers, and that's a shame. I hope everyone here can remember that we all deserve an equal amount of respect, regardless of our difference of opinions, and think about how what we say can be interpreted before we hit the "submit" button.

JMHO.....

katsprat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts