Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boycat either doesn't know I'm not a cat or doesn't know he's not a human, but he's convinced we're certainly the same species. Just now I was tapping away on the computer and heard a plastic clicking behind me...I looked back and he was vaguely playing with a plastic toy ball, watching me to see if I'd take the bait. It's impossible not to. So I ducked behind a wall and sure enough, he came stalking over...we chased each other around the living room, around a comfy chair, chased a fake mouse...he kept strutting and going in for headbutts, yowling at me. Finally I taunted him into jumping into the chair to attack me. I hid behind it and kept popping up on either side, making him jump back and forth from arm to arm chasing me. Then my husband came home so we both looked serious.

Jessie is about ten years old. He didn't know how to play when he came to us three years ago. He was a mangled mess, he wouldn't make eye contact and head-to-head contact would scare him into hiding if I tried to push the matter. One ear was clearly mostly torn off at some point years before and healed back on awkwardly. Both ears are small with uneven edges, like frostbite took off the edges (which is likely). His jaw doesn't completely close on one side. One eye is somewhat smaller. He runs from fists like a beaten dog would. When he first came to us he stayed in one spot in a broken loaf position for weeks, until he'd worn sores in his legs where he sat. He'd sleep in his own feces in the litter box, too, til we took away his box.

He's the gentlest cat on earth: although he wants to be a bully he can't quite pull it off. This cat has had more emotional and physical healing than any creature I've ever met. He's mad for headbutts now, he chases me around screaming until I'll bump heads with him. He wants constant eye-to-eye contact. When we meet eyes he yells for headbutts. Few motions will scare him anymore, even from my husband. He's attempted to drag me out of the terror of the shower, attacks the dog if I speak to her or she gets to close to me, and tries to scare my husband away from time to time. He used to go nuts screaming if my husband cuddled me...he'd jump up and scream in his face!

Ah the joys of cat hood :) I just had to share about my boy, after our tussling a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
:heartJessie shows how far a being can come when showered with love and devotion.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Then my husband came home so we both looked serious.
:grin:

Great post and update!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Jesse is a very lucky cat to have you. You obviously understand him well and he is a loved boy. He sounds like a pretty smart guy also.

I second the thought on wanting to know how Rotten is doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts