Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being overly dissatisfied with my current job, I applied for a couple of Technical writing positions in Indianapolis. Well, yesterday I had a first-round phone interview with a company, and qualified for a second round interview, to take place in approximately 45 minutes. I will be leaving my current job in 15 minutes in order to get home and prepare before they call (I didn't want to take the call AT work, that just seemed...rude??).

I'm VERY nervous. I've only had THIS job in my career since I graduated and they created the position for me. However, the work environment has gone down hill and I am soooo depressed about work that it takes a crane, forklift and dumptruck just to get me to work in the morning.

I really want this job and I really want to excel at this interview, so I ask for any thoughts, prayers, good wishes, etc. before hand, mostly to help calm my nerves. I'm great at interviews...I just hate being nervous about them. ;)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much!

Because the manager lives out of state and works from home, my face-to-face interview will be February 8, 2006. :) The HR rep will call me to set up that appointment.

I think I've nailed the job. I'm SO excited!!!!!

Oh, the best parts:

1) It would be a work from home position. No commuting an hour or so both ways.

2) I'd make at LEAST $6k/year more than what I make now.

Lord, if this is the path you want me on...Thank you thank you thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thats so funny, because when I couldn't stand working for a big company around here I was very miserable and walked out on what many would have wanted, thinking, Lord, I can't do this any more, I'm not happy, I'll trust in you, got a job driving bus, and though I'm not always happy, at least I like the job and don't hate going to work.

Good blessing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts