Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce you to my three kitties.

This is my oldest cat, she's 6 years old and obviously she's a calico. Her name is Kai Bo. I think she may be a little "special" because usually she can be found staring at the wall and not responding to anyone. Although she doesn't like most people, she loves cuddling on my lap while I am studying or on the computer.

This pretty cat is Berkly, she's a 5 year old siamese. Berkly is a very needy, snuggly, prissy cat. As siamese tend to be, Berkly is extremely loud and meows just to let you know when she's jumping off of things and just when she lands. Berkly loves most people although she is kind of skittish at first, she warms up quickly. I got Berkly very young (7 weeks or even 6) so she ended up taking to Kai immediately who allowed her to "nurse" off of her. Berkly "nursing" and kai purring was a really cute sight.

Last but certainly not least is a little no-named kitten. My boyfriend and I picked her up yesterday (August 3, 2010) at a local animal shelter. We had decided to adopt one more kitten and were originally going to take a three legged kitten; however, we knew our neighbor would find a good home for her which might not be the same for a lot of the shelter kitties. After reading about black cats being the least likely to get adopted, I had my sights set on finding a cute little black kitty with a great personality. I hit the jackpot, alright!

There's the group! Currently our no-name kitten is in the laundry room being a snuggle-bug while the older cats sniff around and mostly ignore her. My siamese has been a little angry but I got her to cuddle in the bed with me for a few hours so I think she's going to be OK if we keep up with the attention. Tomorrow I'm going out to eat with my mother while my boyfriend fixes her computer. We are going to pick up a baby name book and try and figure out a name for her. I prefer human names rather than "cat" names so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Beautiful cats! Cali stares like that, too, usually in a corner.

I'm so glad you adopted the little black kitty, they're so special. Cleo is my only talker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful cats! Cali stares like that, too, usually in a corner.

YES! THAT! lol

Our little black cat is such a sweetie, rolls all over your lap and snuggles real hard. She already "nudges" our hands and purrs like a little motor. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Two-syllable names seem to roll off the tongue a little easier. Maybe Jada (like Jada Pinkett-Smith)?

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Beautiful kitties, and I love the fact that you sought out a black cat at the shelter. I've always thought that if I could adopt another one, I'd do that exact thing.

For some reason, I like the name Chelsea for a cat (and that has nothing to do with Chelsea Clinton!).

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! :) I love all the name suggestions, we're still having a hard time. I was leaning towards "Evie Ceri" as her first/middle but my boyfriend isn't too keen on it.

He's a picky guy.. >.<

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Callie (also a calico!) used to spend hours sitting on the landing of our staircase watching passing cars' headlights move across the wall. Or we would see her sitting and staring at the ceiling for hours on end... maybe it's a calico thing! :lol:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Lovely kitties! Your little Siamese looks JUST like my Sully. Its unusual to find them that rich dark color. I have a little black kitten at home too who is SUPER sweet and cute and affectionate and perfect too. Those little black ones are the best! I like Eve or Edie as a name.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its been said that cats respond best to names that end in a "e" sound.. Evie would be great or Chloe.

It took us forever to pick a name for our little boy, but we decided on Rowdy because it best fit his tempermant, and Malley for our little girl, (think Thomas O'Malley Aristocats) because she has an Alley Cat attitude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts