Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Tiger went thru the screen door and escaped!!!, Alexis went to bed at 3:00 am and she doesn't know whether Tiger had escaped or not, I am dying here guys, I can't stop crying, I don't know what to do, I have looked for him everywhere, I called the shelters, have put up flyers, and he is nowhere to be found, I have asked everyone, Oh my gosh I really really feel like I am dying here.
I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I'm really sorry this has happened. I know how frightening it can be. Toby's done a runner twice now. However, both times he did come home on his own accord, despite not being an outdoor cat. Its very possible Tiger might come home when he is hungry on his own. Tiger will know where he lives.

In the meantime - have you checked everywhere in the home? All the little nooks and crannys he cold have gotten too. He could just be sleeping in a little hidey hole somewhere. Are you 100% he is out?

Also, does he come when he is called? It might be worth going around the neighbourhood calling him to see if he comes running.

Does he have a collar on or microchip?

How long has he been missing? The time difference makes it difficult to me to calculate.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my gosh I can't think straight, all I can think of is that he is out away from home, hurt or worse..
I have walked everywhere around here, I have put up flyers, I have called the police, the shelters, all the vets in the area, I even had my neighbors look and nothing.
I am pretty sure he is out, Alexis shut the back door and she didn't realize the screen was broken, I did when I woke up this morning, the time frame? well Alexis went to bed at 4:00 am and she doesn't recall seeing him, he was with me in bed around 12:00 midnight, I woke up at 6:45 am wondering how come he wasn't sleeping with me, I am having a meltdown, I don't know what to do. I seriously want to die!!!
He is not chipped or have a collar, but has all his shots...
I am sick worried because he NEVER goes outside, he doesn't know how to come back, and I did called him while searching but nothing, he doesn't know his surroundings, I did leave food outside and left the gate open hoping he'll come back.
I am thinking the worst..

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
He is very likely to be just out having fun. Not that thats any comfort to you. It wasn't to me either!

Just stop for a moment and breathe.

When is his next mealtime due? Has he missed one already?

He will know how to get back. Cats always do. Toby did and he doesn't go outside either.

Believe me, I know how terrifying this is but I'm sure you will find him. I assume he isn't declawed? I remember Rocket going missing and he was found a day or so later stuck up a tree. Might be worth looking up ..

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Maria, you're doing everything you could possibly do and now the agony is just waiting. It seems like every time this happens to someone, the cat does come home within a pretty short amount of time. I do believe, like Ally said, that they know where they live. Our neighbor's cat always know where he lives, in spite of living in a townhouse complex where every house looks exactly the same.

·
Registered
73 Posts
He will come back. Don't worry. I had a cat gone for a month and he came back. They seem to have this radar thingy for where they live. I'm sure he's just out playing.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah he has, he missed breakfast and barely touched dinner.
I don't think he is having fun, he fears the outside, like I said I can't quit crying, I had an interview today and didn't go, I didn't show up for work and I am not planning on working until I find him, I mean how can I go to work or do anything when he is lost?
Oh my gosh..

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Just remember, these kitties of ours are hunters. The birds, squirrels, and rabbits in your neighborhood are the ones who should be afraid!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
hypertweeky said:
Yeah he has, he missed breakfast and barely touched dinner.
I don't think he is having fun, he fears the outside, like I said I can't quit crying, I had an interview today and didn't go, I didn't show up for work and I am not planning on working until I find him, I mean how can I go to work or do anything when he is lost?
Oh my gosh..
Oh yes he will. He will be having lots of fun. While you are there terrified about whats happening I bet Tiger is having the time of his life, the little toerag. Frightening his Mommy like he is.

He is not lost yet. He is just out. How long before his dinnertime?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 hours.. and he really needs his special food.. why won't he come back?
I wonder if someone picked him because he is very lovable, I have searched everywhere, I should have seen him by now!!
I have the worst headache, tummy ache and I can't quit vomiting!!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
hypertweeky said:
5 hours.. and he really needs his special food.. why won't he come back?
I wonder if someone picked him because he is very lovable, I have searched everywhere, I should have seen him by now!!
I have the worst headache, tummy ache and I can't quit vomiting!!
There are lots of places outside Tiger could be where you cant see him. Lets see if he comes home for dinner. If he doesn't- then we worry.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I know how hard this is for you Maria but you need to try and stay strong. I am sure Tiger will be home soon as it just being a tinker taking the opportunity to have an adventure.

Fingers and paws crossed from Toby, Willow and me that he comes home safe and sound soon.

Big hug xx

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I can only imagine how you feel. I would be a wreck if one of my cats disappeared.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you that Tiger comes home soon.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Occasionally my housecats have got out and these are things I did to get them back.
BTW, they ALL came back. One even went missing for 27 days less than a week after we moved across country because of a faulty door. KEEP LOOKING!

Food. Walk, look and call. However, usually an indoor cat who is outside does not behave the same way they would indoors. They will be more cautious and possibly fearful. Slinking slowly around and not out in the open. Take care in approaching him when you see him, don't rush up to him as that may frighten him off. Approach him until he begins to look uncomfortable and then crouch down and call to him. When he gets close enough, scruff him and don't let go.

One stayed outside for two days. I looked periodically through each day and with a flashlight at night, looking for eye-shine. At night, I closed the other kitties in one half of the house and left the door open, hoping he (his name was Tiger, too) would come in to eat. He did, and I quietly walked past him and shut the door, then I could fall apart!

I think if you searched at dark with a flashlight, looking around and under things, you may be able to find him. What is your neighborhood like? Are there bushes and trees?
I know how upsetting this is, keep looking, but keep your head and look smart.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Heidi.
I am glad all of your cats came back, if only Tiger would do the same.
There are a tons of bushes, green areas and trees.
I have looked all over but like Allie said he could be anywhere, the area is a hometown community, we have lots of coyotes, I am very afraid of this fact, I don't know what I am going to do, I am going nuts, every minute that passes by freaks me out more (if possible)
If I have to wait until tonight I am afraid I'd divorced by then. :roll:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Oh Maria, I am so sorry this happened! I will keep my fingers crossed and Pray he comes back home safely. I know you're worried about Coyotes, but his natural cat instincts will kick in and he'll climb a tree or something. Think about all those stray/feral cats...They survive and they rarely have shelter in a home.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts