Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Are the tigers sedated? How come they don't attack? Lady Nikita would chew my head off for less than that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is insane! I feel like I would be very nervous to do that, but it would be cool to be able to tell people you did it. If they are sedated then that would help out quite a bit

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Maybe, maybe not.

The only way we'll know for sure is if CF takes up a collection and sends me there to investigate.

From the intertunes, with all the creadability that implies. I can't link. There are bad words nearby.

on TigerTemple.org it states that “[the tigers] are not drugged. Tigers are nocturnal animals, so they sleep during the heat of the day. The tiger’s eyes are better adapted to lower light levels than their prey species, so they can surprise their prey with greater ability in darkness. This means they are more active and hunt at night. Adult tigers are naturally lazier, whereas the cubs are more active and will play if it is not too hot.”
The tigers are hand-reared by the monks who live at the temple. They cannot, apparently, hunt or fend for themselves and so they will never be released into the wild. On the website it states that the tigers were intercepted because their mothers were killed by poachers.
This particular tiger temple is in Kanchanaburi. At some point, Lonely Planet advised its readers not to visit the temple. I have found several travelers’ reports from various temples across Thailand about the tigers not being sedated, but that might be the problem.
The Lonely Planet reference:
At last count the temple had eight tigers and at least one tourist had been seriously mauled … More responsible operators confided to us that they didn't think playing with tigers was such a good idea. We agree… we don't recommend you visit.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'll see if I can bring one back

WWF - Update - Live tiger found in luggage

Bangkok, Thailand. August 26, 2010 - A two-month-old tiger cub was found sedated and hidden among stuffed-tiger toys in the luggage of a woman at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Sunday

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Amazing. Things people will do.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
the one in the suitcase is too cute!!

my mom would have a pet tiger if it were possible. she settles for cats :p lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts