Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She came a few hours ago, and she is very sweet! I thought she would be much more shy, but after she'd been here a little while, I picked her up and she just started purring. Then she stretched her little head up to my shoulder and closed her eyes while I was petting her.

She and Jinx did get to meet, briefly, a little hissing on his part, one swat, but she didn't seem to care and he didn't try to attack her. She is now safely tucked away in her own room (the bathroom, for now) and we will be going through the slow intro process, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

She's now asleep in her bed, but I got some pics. (I'll probably get annoying with these :oops:, but I just gotta share her!)

Kneading her blanket into a comfy position:

Still kneading:

Ah, I think I got it!

Yeah, that's it!

I like this bed!

And when a went to look in on her a little later:

So there she is!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Welcome home Tilak! How did you choose that name? She is so pretty. Love that nose! Keep us posted about your new girl!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! She is very sweet but does spook easily and she still hasn't eaten :( I will try some different things today. She hasn't eaten for two days now, from the stress I imagine - it was a long car ride.

Mitts & Tess - she was named by spittles, who trapped her when she was a baby - her litter was born to a feral, but all of the kittens have been found homes now

Cat Fancier - she just turned 6 months

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's Beechnut babyfood (meat flavors, no onion) & Nutrical at Petco or Petsmart to stimulate appetite and add calories. I'd give her whatever she will eat. Poor baby. :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
How exiting! I'm so happy your new baby is home. I'm sure Jinx will come around soon enough.
He'll be the best big brother!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for asking about the eating situation, guys, I was a little concerned about her.

Good news: she ate some! I got a can of Friskies Chicken in Gravy (it is what she was eating before her foster mom switched her onto a diet similar to Jinx’s, and I thought the old food might appeal to her enough to eat a little) - she lapped up all the juice (from about 1/2 can) and ate several chunks, too. She is also drinking water. I would have liked her to eat more, but at least I am confident she will eat now. Once she’s eating regularly, I guess I’ll have to play with my food rotation to find her favorites.

For now I've just left her alone with the Friskies so as not to distract her. She's so cute; I was sitting on the floor, and she'd go eat a little, but then she'd come back purring and rubbing her body all over me. Then she'd eat some more, come back and rub some more, etc. I hope now that I'm not in there distracting her, she will eat more of it. Also, before, she'd huddle in her bed, or hide behind the toilet, but if I picked her up, she'd purr and let me hold her. Today, she started coming to me when I put out my hand and called her. Sometimes, if I walk into the bathroom, she'll run right up to me and start purring and rubbing against my legs. When I sit down, she'll sit either right against my leg or right in my lap. She is definitely looking like a lap kitty, :lol: .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts