Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sad and at such a young age.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, NBC News’ Washington bureau chief and the moderator of “Meet the Press,” died Friday after being stricken at the bureau, NBC News said Friday. He was 58.

Russert was recording voiceovers for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” program when he collapsed, the network said.

He had recently returned from Italy, where his family was celebrating the graduation of Russert’s son, Luke, from Boston College.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I was shocked and saddened when I heard this on the way home from work :( I am a big fan of Tim Russert and Meet the Press. I enjoyed his tenacious style and often watched his coverage of the current campaign. He was so passionate about politics. I can't believe he won't be around to see the outcome :(

I feel for his family...his son just graduated from college and the family recently returned from a celebratory trip to Italy. What a shame for their happiness to turn into mourning so suddenly.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I was so sad to hear about his passing. I loved that no matter how important he was he still talked about his Dad with such love and awe.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
This is really hard to believe;it's quite a shock. :( I watch Meet the Press every week. He's far too young. I feel so sorry for his familly. Evidently he died of a heart attack.

We should count our blessings. Life is short, and his was way too short. : :(

http://www.wpxi.com/news/16601782/detail.html

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
btt for Tim.

even that lout Dick Cheney said his apperances on "Meet The Press" were the highlight of his 'career'.

A cardiologist had said on "Today" that if Tim would have had a stress test the day before he died, he would have passed. what tha... people?

so sad, I will miss him dearly. He could talk about anything and I would listen, and I don't listen very often.

Godspeed, Tim. you will be missed. :cry:

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw Luke Russert speaking. I'm in tears.... :cry:

What a wonderful young man, such grace and strength and poise.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I have been away most of the day, Marie. Perhaps I am the lucky one. It's so hard to hold back the tears. God rest his soul. Tim Russert gave so much, and had so much more to give. And he was so very proud of his son. God bless the family, and hold them in His loving arms during this time. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts