Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday evening Timmy started his normal routine of egging for his dinner but his meow has changed! It sound huskier, almost hoarse. He's still meowing like this today. Apart from that he's fine, no sneezing or coughing or watery eyes. At some point yesterday he did have an attempt at coughing up a hairball but we can't remember whether this was before or after the meow changed unfortunately. If he's the same tomorrow he'll be going to the vet, can anyone shed any light on what might be cause if it's not an upper respiratory infection (which seems unlikely as he has not sneezes etc), I'm really worried!

·
Banned
602 Posts
I really wouldnt worry about him if all else is fine. Sometimes I myself get hoarse for no apparent reason for a couple days and then it goes away. As long as he is not running a fever and everything else is normal, relax. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Sometimes Cleo's voice goes hoarse for a while.

I think it's all the heavy metal songs she sings along to while I'm at work.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don´t think there is something to worry about. My friend´s cat had it too. His meow was more harsh for couple of days and it dissapeared after few days automatically.
Did you go to the vet yesterday?
Cute picture btw. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts