Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! I think I've figured this out!

I'm looking for information to understand why my one-year old Siamese cat is really agressive -- not only bites and scratches me, but anyone who comes into the house.

Sometimes she's really sweet, but she can change in a second -- warning signs are a flicking tail and her ears go back. At this time, I can't have my grandchildren here because I'm afraid of what she will do to them. She is aggressive to almost anyone who comes into the house -- climbing the pant legs, biting feet and ankles, and those claws are lethal!

This is my first cat. I found her in my backyard, left her there for several hours and her mama never came back, so I brought her in and gave her some milk (which she doesn't like anymore). She's had her baby shots and she also has had two feline leukemia tests, both were positive.

I plan to call the vet in the morning to check in and see what she says, but if any of you have any suggestion, I would be grateful!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My one-year-old Siamese bites and scratches. The first four months or so, this was not a problem, but now it's awful. She goes after me quite often, but she attacks anyone who walks through the door!

I wrote a rather lengthy inquiry just before this but it didn't go anywhere, so I'm trying to be more brief and see if any of you have any ideas.

Sometimes she's a really good girl, but this problem precludes my grandkids from visiting. I am really afraid of her a lot of the time.

I'm going to call the vet in the morning to see if she has any suggestions. This last time was just too much (got my eye, and now I have medical bills)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Do you know anything about her background? If not (and if possible), you might try to find out what you can (from the shelter or wherever you adopted her). I suspect your vet will want to know.

Edited to add: Sorry, I just read your other post and I see you won't be able to determine any more about her background than you already know, so please feel free to ignore my question above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts