Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athena lost a tooth yesterday! I caught her playing with it, batting it around the carpet. I panicked at first, thinking she'd hurt herself yet again and knocked a tooth out, but a quick google search reassured me she's just the right age for losing baby teeth.

I somehow never noticed any of Apollo's when he lost them (I guess he ate them?) but now i have this tiny kitten tooth, and I'm not sure what to do with it. I suppose I could just throw it away, but it's kind of cute and sentimental, weird as that may sound.

Any other kitten teeth stories here? Do you keep them? Throw them out? Never find them to begin with?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
yeti, lost his lower ones this week, had one dangling for a while but didn't think my attention to it was a good idea, an hour later it was gone.. off all the cats we've had thats the closest I've been to having one in my hand..

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I have two of Anthony's (the kitten that went with the ex). I keep them in a little silk jewelry pouch in my jewelry chest.

Along the same lines I had a horse I raised from a weanling until he died @ the age of 27 (last year) and I still have his first set of horse shoes. He was 3 when he wore them. :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I never found my girls' baby teeth, but had I done so, I would have kept them. No doubt I would have even done the tooth fairy routine, but with treats! I'm just sentimental that way.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found two of Vala's, both by stepping on them with bare feet. One was sharp and pointy and for some reason I had just been reading about kittens losing their teeth and I suspected before I bent down what it was. The other one was a molar and I thought it was a piece of dried food at first.

I threw both away, though. I have enough random crap I keep around the house when I really should just toss it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts