Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my cats, Clover, LOVES having her nails trimmed. It puts her right to sleep. Tony will tolerate it. However, our two longhairs will NOT let us touch their paws. Any tips on how to trim their nails? They desperately need it; Jesse is on my lap right now, making bread, and I am in a lot of pain!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I started trimming Dunga's and Yoda's nails when they were realy small but that didn't help. I can trim Yoda's nails when she is asleep - she doesn't feel it. But Dunga is a different story. I haven't trimmed her nails for last 3 weeks because I can't do it! She always wakes up when I start trimming. I tried to cover her in the towel but she still wouldn't let me to trim her nails. Oh, boy, she just doesn't like when I'm touching her paws!

So, I don't have any advice. I hope someone will have because I really need to trim her nails! :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have to trim Dunga's nails tonight. I have to because tomorrow we take them to vet for spaying and I want them to look nice and have nice short nails. :)

I was trying last night again....wrapped her in the towel, give her treat, etc but at the end I cut only 2-3 nails.

I think I will have my husband to help me tonight - one will hold her, and second person will cut. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, getting them in the carrier is even more difficult

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It takes two people to trim Stephen's nails. My s/o puts her on her back in between his legs and talks to her and pets her while I trim. She's slowly getting better at it, but it still is no easy task. She hates it!

I try to combine brushing and trimming. It sucks for her to get slammed with two things she hates at the same time, but I make sure she gets wet food afterward as a reward/treat for suffering through.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We did it on Thursday night! It was so hard to trim her nails!

On Friday we went to the vet and found out that they trim the nails for free (they were spaying our babies)! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts