Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 5 year old female named frankie with cerebellar hypoplasia. she is a wonderful girl and typically very happy. we rescued her as a kitten and she spent her whole life around my male senior cat until he passed away in december. we adopted a new cat (another 5 year old female) last week and frankie freaked out - big screaming, poofed up, completely out of her mind. it was very unexpected because she has experience with another cat and she seemed somewhat depressed after he left us. since then we have had the new cat set up with a space in my bedroom and frankie in my roommates bedroom, letting them each out in turns and feeding them by the door so they eat together. i also got a calming pheromone diffuser and a calming collar for frankie hoping they would help.
frankie is making very slow progress but its been a week and she is still pretty upset. i believe it is only a matter of time before she accepts this, but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tips that could help? anything would be helpful, even general advice not related to ch.

· Registered
2 Posts
If you haven't already done so, you might want to watch this Youtube video, which was recommended by someone in another thread on this forum about introducing cats to one another. I found it to be educational. If the link doesn't work for you, just go to Youtube and search for "Jackson Galaxy introducing cats," and it should pop up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts