Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

Okay, so my cat will spayed Thursday and just wanted to hear from some of you about what I should have ready for her when she comes home from the vet. A nice, soft blanket in a quiet spot?
I also heard that I should get special litter so that it doesn't irritate her. Is this true? If so, what should I get?

·
Registered
282 Posts
A blanket in a quiet spot is a must. In fact, I would probably leave her in the carrier longer than suggested unless she is obviously alert or very anxious. A small room with little to jump on is the best place for her. Make sure to introduce food and water slowly and keep other pets away. Best of luck to you both!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My cats are going to be spayed on April 2nd. What do I do? They are 2 cats and will be spayed in the same time. Should I separate them when I bring them home? Or can they stay together?

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should take them in separate carriers and leave them separated for quite a while in my experience. They will be groggy, confused and they will smell funny to each other, which is a recipe for fighting or at least hissing and fear. Wait to reintroduce until they are totally stable on their feet and have had something to eat without vomiting.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Me again... I was thinking about it and I don't think I can't keep them separate. Our apartment is pretty small and I'm not sure where I could put them??? Any idea what to do? Is it gonna be really bad if they stay together? They love each other and I don't think they would do anything bad to hurt each other....

Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, they might be fine. My girls are sisters who are super sweet to each other, but they fought and hissed after I brought them home. Every time I have had 2 cats fixed at once they have been very upset for the first couple of days. No matter how well they usually get along, the surgery leaves them very out of sorts.

Can you put one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom? I don't mean for days, but just until the drugs have worn off.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I could do that. The thing is that I have only one litterbox. I was thinking to leave one in the living room + kitchen area and the second in our bedroom. How long does it usually takes till the drugs are gone?

Thank you again for your help! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts