Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Drizzle's odd behavior of late makes me worried, so we're taking him for a check-up two-three months ahead of time - tommorow, saturday - just to be sure. He's been unusually whiny, very attentive to us, sleeping w/us which he usually doesn't do, he's thrown up three times in two weeks... he "acts" OK, but... better safe than sorry.

I'll let you folks know how it all turns out,

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, we went... apparently, everything is fine. They did a physical and he was fine, and then they did a full set of labs -- bloodwork -- and he was fine on all of them too, so I'm not quite worried anymore. Just might be his habbits changing. =)

We've figured out he doesn't like the motion of the car in the carrier, and that's why he cries in it. When we stop the car though, he doesn't cry. So that's a clue which'll help us find a way to get him over it. He was better than he usually is in the carrier, but he was scared, scared, scared during the physical. Curling into a ball, grabing the end of the table w/his paws. :cry: He keps nuzzling up against me on the edge of the table cause he got scared. After the blood work though I just held him for the 15 mins it took for the results and he calmed down. :wink:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vet said the food should be fine... I dunno. We're likely to just try a different adult formula.

Some REAL GOOD NEWS though,

I've been up most nights worrying about him, him sleeping on the couch w/me, for the past week or so. Well, as I said, he's fine according to the vet, but they gave us antibiotics to be safe. Of course, he won't take the stuff! Who would?

Well, I got him to!!!

I took the eye-dropper full of the pink stuff, mixed it with a bit of kitty milk - a rare treat - and he wasn't interested. Then I threw a few baste'ums treaties in and he licked, and licked, and crunched! :lol:

I am so relieved now! It's like a weeks worth of worrying has eroded soooo much since he took a dose of the antibiotics! Once we're finished it, hopefully most of my jitters will go away. He's just so important too me! :cry: I worry soooo much! :cry: Now things are getting better. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts