Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come home from shopping to see my flatmate in the garden looking relieved by my presence.

'whats up?' I say

'Toby got out and into next doors garden. He has been in there for ages and I can't get him back'.

oh oh.

'Toby, Toby, Toby' we both shout.

'tinkle tinkle' goes Tobys collar as we hear him move through the jungle thats next doors garden. A serious jungle. Must have been YEARS since they did anything with it. Toby is nowhere to be seen - we just hear the tinkle of his bell and the occasional meow.

'Oh- there he is' Flatmate shouts as Toby appears and wonders without a care in the world to behind next doors garden shed which he proceeds to scratch vigorously with his claws.

'Perhaps I should ask if I can go around and collect him' I venture.

'What? You think you would be able to get though that jungle to get to him?'

Hmm. Good point.

'Well, he managed to get in there so he must know how to get out. Lets tempt him with something' I suggest and go in to get a piece of raw chicken from the pack I've just brought back from the shop for Toby.

'Here, see if you can get closer to the fence (theres a huge bush in the way) and dangle this in front of him'.

Flatmate reaches back without looking ..

'eww. What is it?'

'Its raw chicken. I'm sure you've handled raw meat before'.

Eventually, after much dangling of chicken and calling out Toby reappeared on our side of the fence and run straight into the flat. The task was probably made more difficult by there being a lovely comfy bit of old mattress behind next doors shed that Toby liked the look of and was investigating as a new snooze pad. :roll:

Cats!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Oh my, I would have totally freaked out if my kitties escaped! Way to remain calm, and handle the situation! Good old Toby, just wanted a new adventure! :lol: Glad he is back safe and sound!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leazie said:
He's probably sleeping soundly now after his great fun. Mine always do after they scare us to death.
Absolutely! The little toe-rag has slept all evening on my bed :lol:

·
Registered
878 Posts
After baby-sitting you while you were sick, perhaps he just needed a little "me" time! Glad he made it home safe and sound after his little adventure :)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
OwnedByACat said:
Oh my, I would have totally freaked out if my kitties escaped! Way to remain calm, and handle the situation! Good old Toby, just wanted a new adventure! :lol: Glad he is back safe and sound!
me too!! I know one of mine wouldnt, but the other sure tries!! i worry she will get out one of these days when dads not careful (keep trying to tell him, you cant just tell a cat to "stay". lol)

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stephie said:
we have to start calling him Houdini!! Glad he is home safe and sound :)
He can be very determined to get out of the door I can tell you. Particularly at night. Naughty pusscat. We were warned though. His previous owners told me that he had got out and went straight up a tree one time! Had to phone the fire brigade to get him down :lol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
!!!! 8O sneaky Toby!!! hahaha seriously, thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while. Oh bless his little cotton socks!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts