Cat Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
melysion said:
As an alternative, have you thought of giving your cats raw chicken necks? Thats good for cleaning cats teeth. I've had trouble getting Toby to eat them sadly.
Have you tried raw chicken wings & legs? These are what I give Linus, and his teeth are super clean (not to mention super sharp!) I started off by cutting the raw chicken wing in three, to get him used to it, and now he happily chomps on it whole (bones & all). But you may have tried this already.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No, I havent tried it but I'm a bit nervous to be honest. Worried about him choking. Hmmm ... something to think about though.

I came across this on my travels. Apparently you can place it on your cats paw and they lick it off if you cant apply it directly to their teeth.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_p ... rrency=GBP

I also looked at the plaque off product and it says that you shouldnt use with a hyperthyroid cat. Toby isnt hyperthyroid but has an enlarged thyroid gland and slightly funky liver enzyme results (which are usually present in hyperthyroid cats) so I think I need to steer clear of that unfortunately. Looks like a good product though.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts