Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's essentially over. My law enforcement program is at an end today. Three hours ago I attended graduation. In April I will re-take the physical and my certification will be post-dated to today. I have completed training as type-two law enforcement. I can join the DEA, ATF, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, Fish and Game, USDA, National Park Service, or simply become a police officer. I have contacts in each of those departments now. I've lost forty-five pounds; I have excelled at all the tests necessary to maintaining the peace, and have, according to my teacher, surpassed his skills. I also know how to interview and interrogate. I know the laws and federal regulations that entitle me to do those things in different circumstances. I can write a professional police report, draw court-acceptable sketches, and know how to preservce crimes scenes and evidence. I know how to present a case in court. I have successfully navigated cone courses with patrol vehicles--I like those Crown Vics, they handle well. I'm certified in CPR again, but my First Aid this time is classified as "Wildnerness First Aid". I have a hunting license now, a certificate stating I've completed state firearms training so I can get my license to carry, and tomorrow will be certified as a federal firefighter.

My dad and sister came down from Maine to attend my graduation. My boyfriend also came. My boyfriend brought me chocolate and a card today. A few days ago he brought me roses, a card, and Cadbury eggs. During graduation, the instructor made a few comments on a few person in the class. He made comments on all of my favorite people--and me. He said how far I've come and what an inspiration I've been to everyone. I'm kind of stunned right now...I guess I never really thought this course would end. I've spent 400 hours in training. Everyone's told me how they admire what I've faced & who I am. Now I have to figure out who I am and what to do with me. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Time for a nap.

Wish me luck out there.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
TrinityQuiet said:
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Time for a nap.
Spoken like a TRUE person-owned-by-a-cat! :lol:

TrinityQuiet said:
Everyone's told me how they admire what I've faced & who I am. Now I have to figure out who I am and what to do with me.
Wish me luck out there.
You know, I have SO enjoyed reading about your journey. I think you are amazing and I greatly admire your courage. I love the character you've shown in pursuing a dream, sticking with it and getting it done in the face of so many challenges and adversity. Trinity, I think you are beyond half-way to finding you, because I am able to see you as the beautiful and strong person that has grown into herself by undertaking this journey.
This is gonna sound corny, but; You really are an inspiration for me.
h

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
TrinityQuiet said:
Wish me luck out there.
Good luck. And above all...stay safe. I am very distressed at the number of law enforcement officers being killed in the line of duty these days... :(

I have successfully navigated cone courses with patrol vehicles--I like those Crown Vics, they handle well.
Ahh yes, yet one more person to see for themselves why law enforcement agencies still use the RWD platform and that they truly are a better drivetrain. :)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Congratulations!! What a terrific accomplishment :D

It seems like just a short time ago you were struggling to get a loan and make it east on time to begin classes. You have so much to be proud of, and we're all proud of you, too :worship You have a whole new set of skills, and with your drive and determination I have no doubt you'll be successful in your new career.

It has been really wonderful to follow your adventures. I'm looking forward to see where you land next!

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Congratulations! I hope you keep on amazing and inspiring us with your adventures. :D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
How nice for you that you had family members that were able to come and watch you graduate. I know that they are proud of you.

I am so proud of you. We have had a special part in your journey we have been cheerleaders and just passengers riding along with whatever you were doing at the time. I know that I feel quite motherly toward you, and wanted to encourage you as much as possible because I see such a promising future for you.

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Awesome - you are an inspiration to all of us! Enjoy the next step - finding a great job with great people... You've earned it!

Fran

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone :) Everyone's support these last few months has been wonderful...you've all helped me believe more in myself, and given me friendship in a time I've been awfully lonely. Thanks for being you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts