Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am registered since 6 weeks but till this day I hadn't have the heart to say meow, because my English is absolutely bad :oops:. But I hope it is nevertheless o.k., that I introduce myself and my cats. And please, don't laugh about me :cry: .

I am Simone from Germany, 36 years old and the "Can-Opener" (??) of four cats: Simba (3 years), Gizmo and Gypsi (2 years) and Grisu (1,5 year). And if you like you can see pictures of them on my homepage...

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Hey hey, welcome to the forums.
Your english is good already! certainly better than my german! I got a GCSE C in german but I dont remember a thing!

If anything hanging around these boards, reading and replying will improve your english, *if* you make any mistakesor want help im sure any of us will be willing to lend a hand! 8)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I agree with Zalensia, joining a forum like this is great for learning the language. And if you want, you can always ask these fine people to help you to correct your english if you need. I had lots of help from people when I first got on the Internet. Now I think people understand me better, even if I sometimes make up my own words, use grammar in very creative ways etc, people do understand what I want. And I did understand your "meow" perfectly!

Welcome, Willkommen and Välkommen to this Forum! :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Hi Simone, and welcome to the forum. Your english is perfectly fine. :)
Your cats are beautiful. I look forward to hearing more about them!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Welcome to the forum Simone. I love your webpage and the 2nd cat on your homepage looks just like my Twinkie!! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

thanks a lot for the friendly wellcome :D. I will try to improve my english with your help :D . The first time I will make short sentences - thats easier during the period of learning ...

And for all who don't want to visit my homepage: here some photos of my cats (@Kitkat: you are right: Twinkie looks like a brother of Gizmo :D ):

Simba: our only cat who is allowed to go out - in German it is "Freigänger" - don't know the english word:

Gizmo (Maine-Coon)

Gypsi (sister of Gizmo)

Grisu (Russian-Chartreux-Mix - we found him last year in an animal shelter)

And that is Merlin. He will be our No. 5 and we will take him at the 24 of July. He is a Bengal-Cat:

And to make it complete I want to show you my angels also:

Bazi, he went to the Rainbowbridge last year in August. I lost him because of the Feline Leukemia Virus. He was 3 years old when he died. In my heart he will never be forgotten. He will ever be the "cat of my heart":

And thats Mogli. He went to the Rainbowbridge in November 2002. We had just a few days together. He was 6 months as a I lost him because of the Feline Immunodeficiency Virus.

I look forward to share the stories of your and my cats with you :D

For the moment I wish you: sleep nice :wink:. In America it now will be in the middle of the night :wink: .

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hello Simone and Welcome - you have a very nice way of expressing yourself . Your English is very good ...and feel free to teach us a German word ot two - it won't harm :D
All of your kitties are adorable ...so looking forward to hearing more of them - past and present stories :wink:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Thanks for sharing your pics of your beautiful kitties, present and RB. Look forward to seeing and hearing more. I love that first pic of your four on your webpage, I have one just like that of my four! *My pic*

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello!

Hi!

Your kitties are so pretty, and I am having NO trouble with your english!

I wouldn't mind learning some German, because in fact, my grandparents are from Germany (they left because of the Holocaust), and so I am half German on my mother's side. My grandmother is always telling my mom that my sister and I should have learned the language, but we never did.

-Heather :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Simone, and welcome to the Cat Forum! Don't be worried about your English, it is just fine.

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Hi, Simone! I'm a bit late, but I'm very happy you have joined us. You are making yourself quite clear, so please don't be afraid to communicate in English. Welcome! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

I'm a bit late too, but I was on holiday in Spain and than in Switzerland to take my new cat :D .

Thank you all for the friendly welcome :p :p :p .

Malcolmsmom said:
Can-opener is such a good description!!!!
In German its a usual word for the "cat-slaves" :lol: . And I think mostly its apposite 8) .

violina said:
because in fact, my grandparents are from Germany (they left because of the Holocaust), and so I am half German on my mother's side.
The brother of my grandma left also Germany. Sadly he died in last year. But his daughter lives in Texas (in a district). She is speaking German very well (every 4 years she visit us in Germany), but her kids (she has two daughters and now only one son - the other died years ago - he was jumping from the Empire State Building :cry:) don't speak German.

And at last I want to present my little bengal :D in his new home :D:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts