Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dealt with something like this? He's been cruising along pretty smoothly with the toilet for about a year and a half and now, after I got back from vacation, it seems he's peeing in the sink. But still #2ing in the toilet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by me and my roommates. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
472 Posts
My two toilet trained cats ultimately decided ALL sinks in the house were fair game at least for urine. I devised covers for the three sinks that were put on them when not in human use and that solved it. I don't know why they started peeing in sinks, but they did and it went on until both the cats died of old age in early 2000.

I have never felt a need to toilet train another cat. Would rather put up with the litter pans.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have never had a toilet trained cat, but my guess is that you regularly flush after him; and being on vacation, that wasn't happening & the toilet smelled, so he was looking for the clean place to go.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did your kitty happen to slip & fall in? PuddyWoW mostly uses the toilet but he has on occasion been in a hurry & slipped. Nothing more pitiful or vindictive than a soggy moggie. Or did somebody leave the seat up? When this happens Pud has been known to whiz in the sink or at least once has used the 5 gal bucket I drag out for floor mopping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts