Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have experienced toilet training their cat, and then moving? If the cat is toilet trained in one toilet, will that carry over to another toilet or will re-training be necessary?
:?: :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only experience I've had with toilet-trained cats is two who came in to the no-kill shelter where I volunteer. Their foster mom kept them in the bathroom so that they couldn't fight with her other cats and noticed that they were using the toilet. So I think that means that they will use different toilets... but it might depend on the cat.

If you're going to be moving soon, I would advise not to begin toilet training your cats. It can take many months to do it. I personally gave up on my cats after 2 months of accidents all over the house...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Awww this kitten reminds me of one of my foster kittens -actually there were two of them just alike - I called them Bo and Arrow - and they were girls hehe

both Bo and Arrow(in the background behind Sophie loving Buttons :D ) ...I miss them so..all of the babies !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts