Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted or even suceeded to toilet train their kitties?
I've heard of this . . . but I think it would be hard right? Being that they have an instinct to bury their waste?

Where would you even start?

It has crossed my mind, but I don't think I would suceed in training them.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I tried this years ago with my oldest cat and my roommates cat. It was a complete and utter disaster! I had the book on how to train them and I went by what they said. It all went smooth until it was time to take the litter box away and for them to use the toilet. You are supposed to cover the center of the toilet and place a liitle litter on the cover. These cats could not figure out what the heck they were supposed to be doing. They kept standing in the center and falling in!!! @@$$ They finally were just terrified to even try and stand up there. They were walking around and crying. I finally gave in and gave them the litter box back. They both went running to it!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Never trained a cat to do it. But we had a cat that did go on the "big toilet" and leave her litter box empty. She was very frusted the times you forgot to put up the lid so she could jump up on the toilet. She picked it up from us I guess, cuz we got her as a young kitten and not long after she started to jump up on the toilet seat and then she started to use it. All we had to do was to make sure the seat was clean in case she had missed and to flush of course. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts