Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to pick up my newly adopted cat tonight! I'll let you know what happens and how it goes when she comes home.. I hope the day goes by quickly so I can get her :).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Yes, she's home :)

I've been trying to get things situated around the house and trying to get Duke to come to terms with having a new cat. I walked in the house with her and he didn't know it, I set her down in her safe room and didn't know Duke followed me in - As I sat her down he looked inside and hissed lol.. Nothing too major so I'm not concerned. Right now she's playing with her toys in the safe room so I think she's comfy :).. I only took one picture, sorry!

·
Registered
273 Posts
she is such a cutie!

def. need more pics of her. :)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Ahh, she's like short-haired Rochelle with her little white patches! She's adorable!!! Congrats on bringing her home! :2kitties

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
She seems sooo sweet!

Do tell us how she's getting on!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone!

As far as the first night went, it was pretty rough for her as she didn't like the idea of the "safe room".. She decided to test out her vocals when I wasn't in sight. My original idea was to have my bedroom be her safe room, which that would of been fine but the place I adopted from told me that my Duke would of taken that as a threat since he sleeps in my bed with me.

So basically I didn't get a minute of sleep but that didn't matter to me, I knew today would be better with her and it has been! She's use to the environment but still kinda shy of me at times.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Glad to hear the second day was better. I agree with the advice your were given about your bedroom and Duke. Abby was very shy with me at first, but she warmed up after a few days. I hope the same is true for your little one. Have you picked a name yet?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts