150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This plant monopolizes the sunspot, I aim to reclaim it!"

Still not movin'

"Ok, ok, I moves so you can waters the plant"

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tonks is very handsome (I assumed it's a "he"). I'm surprised he doesn't eat the dirt. No plants in this house...Chino will go too closely to the soil and try to sniff it. I'm just too worried that one day he'll try to lick it as the very curious boy he is.

I love his eyes! They are beautiful.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
What an adorable kitty!

Stacy, if my eyes don't deceive me, the plant in the 5th, 6th, and 7th pictures -- the one with the umbrella-type leaves that curve down -- is a schefflera. I love those too, and even had one at home, until I read that they're poisonous to cats. Here's a list of poisonous plants:

http://petcaretips.net/plants_poisonous_cats.html

That plant of yours is a schefflera. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but probably better safe than sorry.

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meepers, thanks for pointing that out! It is going outside shortly, and she and Mochi have shown no interest in chewing or licking the plants. The umbrella plant is my housemate's, so I'll ask it be relocated to her room when it is inside.

I love her eyes too, they're just so pretty :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Schefflera ----- oh, great, I have one of those. :( The auto repair shop has this huge umbrella "tree" by the front window, and I stole a branch from it last fall. Makes sense that it's poisonous; that's obviously why mine is growing so beautifly. I never even thought of looking it up to see if it's dangerous. Maybe I can make some kind of fence around it?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
When I had a schefflera in my house briefly (until I figured out it was on the poisonous list), Murphy sniffed it but never made a move to mouth it or eat it. They may not be that interested in it, but you know, why have a poisonous plant around. I ended up bringing mine in to work, where a couple years later it is still doing well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stacykins said:
Hehe, Tonks as in Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter :D
Well I was certainly fooled by those blue eyes, which Tonks are known for. But his other features didn't resemble a Tonk, so I was thinking he maybe a mix. Anyway, pretty kitty. :)

Rebel has blue eyes too, and he got that from his father which was a Siamese mix. Gotta love blue eyes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts