Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that people have to be force-fed Christmas music this time of year? I was just driving around for the last hour and what a bad time to not have any of my own CDs in the car. I have 6 radio stations on my presets and only one of them was not playing Christmas music. This doesn't even include the station that I removed from my presets 2 weeks ago because they play non-stop Christmas music from mid November until Jan 1.

I would like to be able to hear Christmas music by choice, not by force. I have a few of my own Christmas CDs to listen to when I choose, so I don't think I'll be listening to any more radio until Jan 1.

·
Banned
804 Posts
our stations dont even play any Christmas music till the week of christmas. and then they stop immediatly on the 26th. i WISH they would play christmas music right now...then i wouldnt have to listen to the same downloaded christmas stuff that i have been for the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, we heard a couple of Christmas songs today. I think the tv commercials started around early November. The girls in my office decorated the office maybe 2 weeks b4 Thanksgiving. I don't know if it's just me but if you start putting up xmas stuff early then won't it wear on you b4 Christmas?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yeah to have Bon-Jovi or Madonna cooing Christmas music is the worst thing I can imagine.

I do like the classical stuff though.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Our station 100.3 is playing Christmas music now. It started in the ending of October I think. 8O I don't mind it and infact, we decorated the outside and a little inside before Thanksgiving. :lol:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I adore Christmas music, but if I never hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir again, it'll be too soon. Mom used to play their music all the time when I was much younger, and I loved them... before I knew better. Now, I'm sure to bring all my Robert Shaw Christmas CDs along with me whenever I go home, to try and head my mom off. :lol:

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
There is one station here playing Christmas music 24/7 from November 1 to January 1. And other stations always play it. I'm okay with the occasional song but the 24/7 thing gets to me.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Just suffered through Bruce Springsteen, 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town', gag me with a back-hoe(you know like 'gag me with a spoon', only a back-hoe is a tractor with a bucket for digging). And there was appause afterward, what a torment, glad I wasn't there.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I have a pretty limited tolerence for Christmas music. The "elevator music" that is played overhead at work will certainly contain some Christmas music, but other than that I don't really have to listen to it if I don't choose to. We have XM Satellite radio in both vehicles and usually listen to music though the ipod at home, so I rarely listen to commercial radio.
I do like to listen to good Christmas music as we decorate the tree and certainly once Christmas is actually here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts