Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently adopted a boy kitten and named him Moon.
He's a domestic cat, short hair. Grey stripes, white bottom and a pink nose xD

Even at the adoption center, of 3 kittens I saw he was the shiest one. He's behavior has never changed until now.

It's been about 3 weeks and he lives like he's at home, but I have problem.
One time he would meow at me when he's bored or I pretend to ignore him and pur when I pet him, and for the most of the time he would run away from me.
He even sleeps on my lap every time when I'm working, and he lives with me on my bed. When I wake up, I always find Moon around me sleeping.

I'm not quite sure if this is a normal behavior for a shy cat.
One time, he would stay under the bed for hours and not eat so I've made every possible hiding places unreachable or blocked.
Still, he's behavior stays the same.

Is this his nature that will never change or should I give him a couple of months to be comfortable around me?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi! He was born in 1/5/11. So about 4 months now.
I got my kittens at 13 weeks so a little younger than yours. Both hid under dressers and my bed for the first couple of days, and now they are lovely cuddly lap cats. They did sleep on my bed from day 1 though.

Mine were from breeders though so a very different situation than yours. Just continue what you are doing and let him come to you, do not pick him up or 'force' contact and I am sure he will warm up to you soon :) Once he realises this is his home for good now, he'll be much better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts