Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from VPI's database of insured pets.

Top 10 Cat Names

1. Max
2. Chloe
3. Tigger
4. Tiger
5. Lucy
6. Smokey
7. Oliver
8. Bella
9. Shadow
10. Charlie

Most Unusual Names

1. Edward Scissorpaws
2. Sir Lix-a-lot
3. Optimus Prrrime
4. Buddah Pest
5. Snoop Kitty Kitty
6. Miss Fuzzbutt
7. 80 Bucks
8. Sparklemonkey
9. Rosie Posie Prozac
10. Toot Uncommon

Top 10 Dog Names

1. Max
2. Bailey
3. Bella
4. Molly
5. Lucy
6. Buddy
7. Maggie
8. Daisy
9. Sophie
10. Chloe

Most Unusual Names

1. Rush Limbark
2. Sirius Lee Handsome
3. Rafikikadiki
4. Low Jack
5. Meatwad
6. Peanut Wigglebutt
7. Scuddles Unterfuss
8. Sophie Touch & Pee
9. Admiral Toot
10. Spatula

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ha! That's delightful.

A barn I know of has a whole family of Cats. As in, Momma Cat, Black Baby Cat (who is black), and Bad Baby Cat (who is bad). Then Kitten moved in, and she had babies - they were all adopted (three kittens, one named Frank the Tank because he dwarfed his siblings), but calling Kitten "Kitten" wasn't suitable anymore. She became Momma Kitten. Then, a new Kitten showed up. Names were toyed with, but ultimately, his ankle-biting nature won out, and his name became Carnivorous Baby Kitten.

This is also the barn that hatched a duck named Green Beans, and which then got her a companion named Senor Frijoles (Mr. Beans)... just in time for Green Beans to fly away. Senor Frijoles now has a small harem of ducks, also named for food products.

Oh, and there were also - amid a whole flock of chickens with creative names - three roosters named K, F, and C. They later became dinner. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I love the K F C names!
A friend of mine had a neighbor who named their cat Sassafras Beep Beep your Ass. When he was outside they would holler for him out their front door using that name. :roll:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
A fave dog name is one my husband gave to a mini-dachshund he had. He figured such a diminutive dog needed an impressive name to make up for his small size:

Ludie Ludvigus Von Sylable Rotchenscottie the Third. They called him "Ludie" at the vet's. :lol:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
When I was a kid there was a girl I went to school with that lived on a farm. One of their cats had kittens, 3 of them, and the girl named them Oscar, Mayer and Weiner! :lol:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Those are fantastic!

I particularly liked Ludie Ludvigus Von Sylable Rotchenscottie the Third

Although it would start off nicely with a knighthood :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
katlover13 said:
Wow. Bum loses something in the translation.
I take it the original word rhymed?

I wonder if "Bella" is just because it's a pretty name or because of Twilight?

The reason my parents' cat is named "Maverick" is that his name at the shelter was "Bart" and my parents kept calling him "Brett" by mistake. (I don't know if that was part of the TV show since I've never seen it, but it was a running joke in the movie.)

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Bethany said:
I wonder if "Bella" is just because it's a pretty name or because of Twilight?
[/quote]
I named one of my foster kittens Bella. It IS a very pretty name, but I also did it specifically because of the popularity of Twilight, in hopes that it will help her get adopted quickly.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I did a quick google search to try to find the top 10 UK cat names. The most up to date one I could find was compiled be Petplan insurance in June 07

DOGS
1. Molly
2. Max
3. Charlie
4. Holly
5. Poppy
6. Ben
7. Alfie
8. Jack
9. Sam
10. Barney

CATS
1. Molly
2. Charlie
3. Tigger
4. Poppy
5. Oscar
6. Smudge
7. Millie
8. Daisy
9. Max
10. Jasper

seashell

·
Registered
777 Posts
I love those names especially green bean for the duck .

Im struggling to find a name for one of my new additions

He is ginger and white but predominantly ginger .. very loving little baby and is always on the prowl for an older to cat to snuggle up to... ( or nurse)

Very sweet little boy not a hooligan like his colleauge Tyson

At the momemt he is baby ging .. but I already have a cat called ginger and I think baby is going to be twice the size of ginger who btw is a girl and a tiny one at that.

Smudge??? not tiger he isnt a tiger , Tigger perhaps...

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
carolsclan said:
Im struggling to find a name for one of my new additions
Mango? or Mongo (from Blazing Saddles) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts