Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely identify with 6 and 1.

I'd strategic default on my house and move back to the beach but its a PERFECT kitty abode.

6. You're looking for a new home, and your main concern is whether the cat will like it.

The Realtor thinks you're crazy, but if the cat isn't happy, no one can enjoy your new abode. Windows for bird watching, natural light for naps in the sun, handy places to hide -- the perfect house must have them all. Or you could turn your home into a feline-friendly palace, as Bob Walker and Frances Mooney of San Diego did. They began with a floor-to-ceiling scratching column, adding carpeted cat ramps, feline-size spiral staircases, and so much more that "The Cats' House" became a media sensation. Painted in whimsical colors, its décor is feline contemporary. A companion book offers advice on making your own overhead cat walkways and hideouts

1. You arrive home after a hard day's work, and what perks you up is stopping in the driveway to wave at the cat in the window.

Your Cat Rules You : Society of Cat People : Animal Planet

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
#2 is totally me. My blackberry cover is actually pictures of Sinatra (made before we got Nutmeg). I show pictures of them to anyone who will look.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That big bed thing applies for me too.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
2. The pictures in your wallet, on your wall, cell phone and desk are all of your cat.

This TOTALLY applies to me. I have maybe 3-4 pics of family members, the rest are of my cats. Well, and my pictures from my trip through the CO mountains, and my Ren Faire Costume!

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
I love seeing my girls peeking out of the windows when I drive up. :grin:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a cat tree in the front living room by a floor to ceiling window (take that Ducman, I have multiple living rooms AND multiple fireplaces) and I get to see Mia, or Fay, or Mia and Fay on it when I drive in. I wave to them from the mailbox.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
For me, it's #6 (will the cats like the home) and #2 (most pics are of my cats). Even my coffee cup at work has a picture of Muffs & Abby...and if people at work think I'm nuts, oh well!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gah! Eerily accurate. I had to post it on my facebook it was so accurate. :p

But yeah seriously I do need a bigger bed. I woke up this morning because something was tickling me. It was Camlin my solid black kitten nestled under my armpit and purring. Not that a bigger bed will make him sleep in a more desirable position but it'll give me a little more room to maneuver.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
OMG, I totally agree, the #1 waving from the driveway. I'm even more insane. I wave from the rural mailbox which is like a good 50 feet away from the front window. Then when I get up the driveway (i park there), I stand there and wave away. Then when I get up to the porch, I wave a final time. hahah. I think my neighbors think I'm nuts..esp whcn I'm waving at the mailbox.

The pics everywhere? yep. there's more cat pics on my phone than anything else.

I don't travel because of my pets. I would never feel comfortable boarding them.

If someone I'm dating doesn't like my furkids, that's the end of them.

And finally yes, my morning and evening routine is structured around my furkids.

I'm starting to see why ppl think i'm crazy.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
8. You want a bigger bed to accommodate your cat(s).

I am buying a king sized bed with my bonus this year. The Queen is just not getting it done with me, GF, Franklin and Franny in it :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
#10 is so me! My life revolves around Tuffy - he wakes me up every morning - I dont' think I would even need an alarm clock anymore. My morning schedule totally changed when I brought him home with me. So did my evening going to bed rituals. He's a part of them now!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just added a second 'quiet time' pet bed to my bed. The bed I sleep in is the largest I could find. I took a look at the layout today and I'd say they've left me a generous 30%. Not in the middle though.

Mia also has a King Sized water bed in another room. I bought it to see if it would be a better sleep after shoulder surgery. It was but last fall when I turned on the heater I left it on high for a while because I didn't remeber the best setting. Mia burrowed under the covers looking snug as a bug in a rug. It's really uncomfortable for a human to sleep with that warmth but Mia likes it so I've moved back to the matress type bed and she uses the waterbed when Fay refuses to snuggle with her in my bed.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
LOL!

10. Your morning routine is structured around your cat. (So is your evening routine.)

And since I feed 4x a day, so is my afternoon, and right before bed! I don't dare go to town before noon.........heaven forbid Patches......a.k.a........Miss Diva, not get her meal on time! :p

2. The pictures in your wallet, on your wall, cell phone and desk are all of your cat.

Yup, that's all that's on my cell phone, except for a couple pictures of Spot, and Dave.

1. You arrive home after a hard day's work, and what perks you up is stopping in the driveway to wave at the cat in the window.

Why would you not? :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts