Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VPI Pet Insurance examined its database of more than 485,000 insured pets for 2011, and selected the 50 most unusual names for dogs and the same number for cats.

Top 50 weird cat names!

1. Ozzy Pawsbourne
2. Mr. Meowgi
3. Murderface
4. Fuglee
5. Scruffernutter
6. Corporal Cuddles
7. Cat Masterson
8. Spam
9. Tape W.Orm
10. Louisiana Purchase
11. Kung Fu Kitty
12. Door Stop
13. Speedbump
14. Princess Kevin
15. Toot Sweet
16. Frisky Mccracken
17. Mittens Ninja
18. Sir Oswald Wigglesworth
19. Thug Master K
20. Col Mustard
21. Tobee Wan Kenobe
22. Bobblehead
23. Tenacious C
24. Ocelotaspots
25. Fairydust Calla Lily
26. Grizzabella Grizzy
27. Bulldog
28. Chainsaw
29. Port Authority
30. Rusty Nail
31. Sporck
32. Moo Juice
33. Otto F Domesticus
34. Mr. Ambulance
35. Mr. Moustache
36. Doctor Doom
37. General Bonkers
38. Lazy Destroyer
39. Boneless
40. Bumper Steak Wise
41. Disaster
42. Moustache Al
43. Mapetiteamie
44. Bobbie Lee Laptop
45. Cowboy Bebop
46. Bouncy Castle
47. Sunny Summersunburst
48. Johnny Neckbone
49. Lucky Coffeebeans
50. Helmi Hornblower

·
Registered
211 Posts
haha i love weird names! but i imagine is must be awkward calling your cat by his/her name when it's like, ten syllables long :lol: i guess cute nicknames come into play pretty often

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Doorstop and speedbump are hilarious!! They remind me of the current Febreze commercial (I think it's Febreze). They also tell a lot about the cat's personality. :D

43 may look weird because it's all run together, but "ma petite amie" = my girlfriend in French.

Murderface is a pretty seriously ugly name...

I think my favorite is Mr. Moustache. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Another one for the list. I used to work in a vet lab, there was a cat named Mousetrap. Funny post, ty for the share.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the Port Authority around me has the meanest police and ridiculous toll hikes and pee-smelling trains. Cowboy Bebop is a good show, so it's a good name. Toot Sweet is a play on tout de suite, I suppose - which doesn't mean anything cute but toot sweet is cute and Cat Masterson is Bat, right? The wyatt earp-type character....lot's of plays on names and words...very creative and cute. Where did they compile these from? Insurance forms?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Toot Sweet is all so the movie 'Chitty Chitty Bang bang'. It is one of the songs. That is what it brought to my mind.

·
Banned
7 Posts
We had a cat named Alice Cooper once, mainly because HE came to us already being called Alice because the people in the neighborhood assumed he was a she!

I agree Speedbump is a quite mean name for a kitty, but to each his own!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some of these names made me smile (Louisiana Purchase) and some were yucky. Cats can really inspire extreme goofiness, for sure, that belies their true dignity.

But, I did come up with an extremely weird name one time. Don't know where I got it from: out of the air or something! I originally named a teeny-tiny kitten we had adopted from the shelter Satchmo (after the great Louis Armstrong). But later on, I realized that just was not his name, and I started calling him ~ don't laugh now ~ "Sympuiegue" (pronouced SIHM-pweegh [hard g] and shortened to "Puiegue." The vet loved that name! Don't know why, but it was just the right name for him, a MOST wonderful cat. He loved cucumbers, of all things, and he lived to about 20 years of age.

Now you know what a nut I am (in case there were any doubts).

:)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I registered my Baron as: Lord Baron de Gortz

His brother: Sir Truman Francis

I happen to like Chainsaw quite a bit though.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a friend of mine has a cat that wandered up to his house and he adopted him and named him Bucket Head! He had a tom cat head but it wasnt that big! I think it was a guy things to over come the stigma of a single guy having a cat!

Lestat the cat, yes they came from the pet insurance forms!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts