Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something odd about Peanut. We attempted to play with him with a toy on a string. He was playing with it, but growling and hissing while he did it and his ears were back. He was visibly aggressive towards that toy. Any other toy, he's fine with. It's just toys on strings that get him angry. Is this a normal thing?

Another odd thing is that he's terrified of running faucets. I had to bathe him twice since getting him and both times I did it in the sink of the bathroom. He freaked out the moment the water started running. He was shaking and climbed up my torso and onto my back. I had to sponge bathe him after that. I'm not sure if this is normal, or a symptom that maybe the woman who fostered him either scared him with a faucet or she just left him in a kennel and never socialized him properly.

Any insight?

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Advice I was given is don't run the water near the pets, it does scare them sometimes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not too sure about the toy, but I know it's very common for cats to be scared of water. I wouldn't worry too much, just avoid turning the taps on when the kitty is around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too sure about the toy, but I know it's very common for cats to be scared of water. I wouldn't worry too much, just avoid turning the taps on when the kitty is around.
It's really weird because he LOVES water. He will stick his paws right into the water dish as he's drinking and he even has webbed paws.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Playing in water on his own and being HELD while someone turns on a faucet are two different things. Especially if he's been FORCED into water by someone before.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Stop waterboarding your cat!!!

(just kidding!) :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts