Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For almost 2 years now, my cats have been eating Franken-Prey in the morning and canned at night. I did this for 2 main reasons: 1) to balance out the raw (yes, I was a skeptic and did not trust that they did not need anything else), and 2) convenience (cutting up meat and having to clean after the cats and separate them is a bit much for twice a day).

The cats have done wonderfully on the raw, and for some time now, I have thought of switching them over entirely, but I do have one cat who cannot tolerate digesting the raw meat chunks at night. After some research into commercial raw, I decided to buy varied ground meats from Hare Today. Price wise since you buy in bulk, it's not too bad, and it's amazing how much 5 lbs of ground meat stretches if you ration it out into single serving patties.

Tonight was my first try. I fed them some venison patties. There was no hesitation or sniffing the meat. They immediately dove for it, and it was gone in a few seconds. They really did enjoy their meal and the best part was that Egypt did not throw up afterwards. They are all napping now quite content. I couldn't be happier that it worked out so well. I highly recommend giving up the canned for the ground raw if it's a viable option for you. Your cats will certainly thank you for it!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I too have a bit of a nervous feeling switching to all raw...so far I have just switched Banjo to all canned, with bits of raw as a treat whenever i am making dinner. I ordered the book "raising cats naturally", it's supposed to come tomorrow. I want to be sure I have done my research before I make the switch. I am thinking Frankenprey as well, and I was looking at hare-today for the variety they have. You are right, their prices aren't bad at all, especially for an all-natural product. My only problem is the lack of freezer space.....Maybe my parents will let me store some in their big freezer :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts