Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a kind-hearted, but probably dumb thing. Disco has been coming to the patio door, meowing and staring inside, the last month or so. Whenever I open the door, she runs off of course. Yesterday morning she didn't run, so I put a can of food just inside the doorway to see if she'd come in. Well, she kept looking at it, poked her head in a bit, but didn't actually enter. After having the door open for half an hour with snowing weather, I finally put the food out and gave up.
Well, this morning it worked! (actually, Scraggly also came in, but he ran back out when I shut the door). So now I have Disco inside. But I still can't touch her (she'll let me get a couple inches - sniff my hand/fingers - then darts off a few feet). Soooo...kinda wondering how I'm gonna trap her now! Oiy! The vet said they have an opening on Thursday... sortta wondering if I can get to her by then. She has one sister and a friend (ex-husband's cat I'm tending that's supposed to be kept outside) that's familiar...hoping that might calm her down a bit.
Or I can do what I did with her siblings and distract her with canned food and get her when she's distracted with that... wear gloves, and do a quick "snatch" by scruffing her neck and holding her hip area? That's how I got Agate! But of course, he was also 2 pounds at the time, and Disco's probably 5 or so (she's the biggest of them all).

Sheesh, if my dad finds out I have 5 cats inside right now... :-?
But it's so cold outside! The bird bath is all frozen up, and there's light snow/heavy frost all over the yard. Oh well...I guess I can't save them all *sigh* I put warm water in the biggest bowl, and food in a smaller one, for Scraggly.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one. But not sure if it would work while inside? Besides, the vet secretary just reminded me that I'm not supposed to feed after 9 P.M., and I really don't want to keep the poor kitty in a trap for 12+ hours if I don't need to.

So what I think I'm gonna do, is just wait until Tuesday... let her have a few days to get used to me, then maybe I can actually get her by hand and put her in a carrier right before the appointment. If I have to resort to a trap and holding her overnight, I will...but only as a last resort. I'm too nice for my own good!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm gonna wait until Tuesday.
She's in my bedroom right now (finally came out of hiding behind the refrigerator), and just finished a "play fight" with her sister... now Nebbie is getting involved! LOL

I want to go to bed, but I think I better watch the playing for a bit. Zinny just got spayed yesterday (pain meds an hour ago), and I want to make sure she doesn't disturb the stitches too much... Disco did a bunny kick at her a while ago while they were tussling, and Zinny cried. But I think she learned her lesson, and isn't being so rough now (except for jumping up on a shelf when Nebbie goes after her!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts