Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Googled "Trash The Dress" and came up with these sites:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Trash+Th ... 1I7GGIC_en

There are some AMAZING photography examples. Check out one GORGEOUS girl in the Australian listing, shot at what appears to be a remote forested stream. Lovely! I am afraid though, that while I love the beautiful artistry in the shots, it still makes me cringe to see that beautiful dress mucked up.

Anyone heard of this? Have opinions?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I love it!

'Course, I never had a fancy dress in the first place. I generally think that the wedding market is a big, overinflated racket designed to take advantage of us when we're desperately in love, and it all makes me very cranky to think about. :lol:

It's a bummer to think of those beautiful, expensive dresses being ruined, but it's likewise sad to think of those beautiful, expensive dresses being worn once and put into a box in the attic, because they're too precious to be used again, or donated, or made into something useful.

·
Registered
981 Posts
thats AWSOME!!! I wish I would have known they did stuff like that I would have done it!!!! My dress is hanging in its dress bad in the spare bedroom. I spent over 2gs on it and its a two piece so if I ever had anything really formal I could use the tops again. I still think thats an awsome idea to do and that photographer is wonderful wish she couldve done my wedding pics.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At another forum where I brought this topic up, I have been able to give it more thought after seeing the discussion. First, I still think it is a terrible waste of an expensive and gorgeous dress to permanantly ruin it with some of the photos I saw involving paint and staining mud...but I have re-thought the TTD concept:

At first, I thought it was a rebellious way to be shocking and provocative. Then, I gave it more thought...and if I applied the concept of toasting each other, drinking from their champagne flutes and then dashing them to shattered bits to prevent any other lips from touching the glasses of their toast...then I can put the concept of TTD into some sort of perspective. Use the gown for the special occasion and then render the dress unuseable for anyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts