Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what raw feeders gave to their cats for treats? Every once in awhile if I have to do something to Mak that he doesn't like (combing or something) I want to give him a treat after, but he loves raw food more than anything else I've ever given him!

I have a bag or so of Whiskas dry food left over from his fosters', can I give him a few of those as a treat once in awhile? Will he even recognise them as treats when he preferred raw/wet to dry food in the first place?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There is also freeze dried "Wildside" salmon. I know people say the fish generally isn't good for cats, but my Teddy goes CRAZY for these treats.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Any freeze dried 100% meat is great.

Or if your cat has a favorite raw food that can also be used. For example mine love heart and chicken hearts are the perfect size for a treat.

Another good treat is sardines which are used to replace salmon oil. Mine love sardines but only them once a week. Chester is the only one who gets them twice a week - he has a ton of fur. It takes a bit more to keep it all soft and shiny. I think most everyone has seen some pictures of him and he really is just a giant ball of fur :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
furryfriends251 said:
Another good treat is sardines which are used to replace salmon oil. Mine love sardines but only them once a week.
I just (literally before coming on this forum) fed ET his first sardine and WOW did he love it. I guess it isn't technically raw, but I made sure to get the ones in just water (no salt) and he is a pretty happy camper at the moment.

For Christmas ET also got two bags of Wellness dried treats. I'm not sure of the exact composition, but he likes them. They are just very small so not quite as exciting as I think the sardines are.

-BP

·
Banned
2,748 Posts
One thing that works well is cutting heart into small pieces (heart is easy to cut up into tiny pieces, which isn't true of the stringier meats). Put a small number in a bunch of those tiny baggies meant for snacks, and freeze all but one baggie. Dole the heart treats out over a few days, then thaw another baggie. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts