Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tricked Alice into giving her self a manicure!

No scratching post or clippers involved!!

I waved my emery board in front of her while she was on her back in my lap, and successfully filed her own nails trying to catch it and bite it. XD

·
Registered
262 Posts
Haha that's awesome! I must try that with Isis. Little miss HATES having her nails trimmed.

Alice is adorable btw. I love reading about all her antics with the kittens!

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
:( MowMow doesn't know any tricks...

I know a LOT of them though. I come when he calls, sit on command when he wants a lap and when he meows I give treats. :wink

There is something about nail files that just attracts them I think. The minute he hears me filing my talons down he shows up and wants to bite at the file and play with it.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I know of people training dogs to scratch planks of wood with sand paper on them, never thought of doing it with cats. But since people have so many issues clipping their nails it would be a good idea. But instead of training them to scratch them, just drag toys around over the plank for a while.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wonder what it is about nail files and the nail dust stuff that attracts cats so much. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to file my nails down when I am inside my apartment. I've actually given Apollo 2 of my old ones to play with, he will bat it around and get it stuck in a corner so he can scratch his nails on it. I've never had much issue trimming his nails with clippers, as long as he's sleeping or about to fall asleep so he's all relaxed.

I must say, that video is adorable! Those are some super cute kittens!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Japanese cats almost always have a kink in their tails. I think it's from the Japanese bobtail breeding with the random cats that get loose here. I had ONE kitten last year that DIDN'T have a kink in his tail, and that was my boy Nocturne. His twin sister had a slight kink and his tortie sister had a small kink. His brother Adagio had a really kinked up tail. They can STILL move their tail, it's just .... kinked. XD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts