Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks. Well, last night, we had a long play session before bed and Lilly played very hard, then I fed her before bed. We also tried putting lemon juice on the door where she is sticking her paws under to jiggle it. Didn't work. Again, she was at the door at 4am, but we managed to ignore it for a while and it stopped. Then again at 5:30am she was back and wouldn't stop this time, so we had to put her in the bathroom, which I hate doing.

I did mention that Lilly is 8 yrs old above. Too, she does have hairball problems but she just had a complete checkup at the vet a few months ago complete with blood work, etc (b/c we didn't know if it was hairballs or what was going on b/c she was vomitting), and all tests showed she is in perfect health - she was having a reaction to a food change (hairball remedy cat food is bad!) She just gets hairballs a lot and we treat those as directed by the vet with the vaseline-type stuff and regular brushing.

I may try to order the product mentioned above to see if that scares her away from coming to the door. Also we are going to be out of town for 2 long weekends in a row in the first of June, and my dad will come feed the cats and play with them, but he won't sleep there, so maybe that will help break the habit. If I can just survive on no sleep til then!

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi cphillips, try laying a string of garlic at the base of your door. Was just telling someone that cats hate the smell of garlic the way vampires do :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts