Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't think Catforum is causing a Trojan - a Trojan is a software a user downloads that pretends to be one thing, but is actually harmful.

For example - someone thinks they're downloading Adobe, but it's actually a Trojan pretending to be Adobe. These can look quite legitimate and fool people easily.

It's possible you may have a virus or Trojan on your computer and it's manifesting itself onto your browser.

I just scanned Catforum on my Norton 360 - the page came up completely clear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did some searches and as recently as today, other forums have reported the same alert. One forum admin reported "Bad ad code (not a virus) slipping through and we have been chasing it a couple days."

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That explains it... I have Ad-Block on all of my browsers so I never see pop-ups/ads. I use it for that very reason, since some can be harmful.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Judy, Thanks for the heads up on that!:eek: To many Trojans and Phishers these days!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It wasn't from a member that I knew, and it was my fault for clicking it, but it came up like a pm and I clicked it automatically. Security Essentials caught it right away.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It happened right after I clicked to open the PM. The browser shut down and a security essentials screen came up that said it had quarantined a file. I wrote the name of it down before I deleted it. I also ran a couple of full scans to make sure it was gone. So far everything seems ok.

Judy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.