Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nito is on my nerves! :cussing

Don't get me wrong now, I love the little bugger with all my heart. But he can be SO annoying! This week (exam week) has been so stressful! And the rare chances I get to sleep are precious to me. To Nito, they are the perfect chance to wreak havoc around my room. He gets into anything and everything! Already, he's knocked over an entire shelf, rooted out and ripped open two bags of treats (ate them all), spilled his bag of litter, stolen things from my desk and hidden them, and he's missed the litter box nearly every time he's pooped. Today, he missed, and then stepped in it, and proceeded to track poop all over the place. GRR! I spend my whole day chasing this naughty kitty around!!

Oh and not to mention the constant wailing by the food dish. He never lets me forget it's feeding time, or an hour before feeding time at that. He gets 1/2 cup of dry (spaced out over about three small meals throughout the day), some treats, and a can of wet every day, and he is definitely not starving. But it's never enough for him! He wails and wails while I'm trying to sleep. And if that doesn't work, he turns to destruction, can he KNOWS that gets me out of bed.

Oh look, he just crawled up next to me and curled up purring. I tried to push him off the bed (cause I am just so mad!) but he came right back. Ahh...grrr... awww, ok. He's so cute :dis

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Yup, it's a very good thing he's cute!

What is it with our cats lately? Cleo was very, very bad all night. I would finally fall asleep with this terrible pain, and she would WAKE ME UP!!! Talking, playing with the blinds, talking, jumping on nothing, did I mention she talked all night? :?

Really good thing she's cute, too!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amen to that! I mean, I can't just ignore it when he's scattering the trash, or knocking over the tower fan, or scratching at my nice clothes!

And when he's in his hyper mood, he absolutely LOVES it when I yell at him. A stern, sharp "HEY" will send him rocketing across the room, up his cat tree, leaping from there to the desk, under the bed, and through the wall tapestry tunnel, then back for more destruction, thereby getting another "HEY!" and starting it all over again. He makes these strange, quiet, guttural trilled meows as he tears across the room too.

Hehehe Marie, I think we had the same night last night. They are darn lucky they are so cute, or else I would give him a hefty spanking! I could never hit him though... he's just too precious... and too good at the "look at how innocent I am :angel " act. The act he's currently putting on right now:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Monty is being a pain in the butt at the moment too...he tries to bash down my bedroom door in the middle of the night screaming his head off and when I finally get up to see what he actually wants he walks away with a look on his face as if to say 'What??' :roll:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back home, little Rusty is famous for that! I can't believe how hard that little kitty can hit a door. All he wants it for my groggy, angry father to come out and yell at him, so he has an excuse go go tearing across the house all poofed up.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Awww, Rach, look at that face! He couldn't possibly be guilty of all the things you're accusing him of doing! :angel

·
Registered
981 Posts
If he is pure evil I must have his twin sister her :x Izzy is being a lil devil today, she keeps meowing all day for more food when she has alread been fed, she keeps trying to get in the tree (never showed interest in it till today :evil: ) and she keeps attaking Munchkin which then sends her in to a hissy fit and then Munchkin has to be on me to be comferted. They better be countign thier blessings that I love them :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Aww, such sweet, innocent felines. I love your description of Nito trilling to you, Rach! That's an invitation to play. "Hey!" is the starting gun for the tag game.

Marie, Cleo is just checking up on you and making sure you're all right, that you haven't fallen into a coma, or something equally dire. :wink:

Arianwen did that when I first adopted her. I was taking prescription pain meds at the time, and she would wake me up a few times during the night, sniffing my face and looking worried. I think the pain medication slowed my breathing and heart rate down more than she was used to while I slept, and she was checking on me. :wink
Kitties don't need a stethoscope to hear our heart. :eek:rcat

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to be very careful when Nito invites me to play in that way. Either I am going to get roughed up by an over-hyper kitty, or he is going to shred a toy. I'm better off just giving him his spook and letting him run off that steam. Sometimes I act like I'm gonna get out of bed and come after him. He practically runs on the walls when I do that!

My favorite play invitation is his wide-eyed, arched-back hop to the side pose. Hehe, he'll run after me when I go up the stairs, swat gently at my ankles (thankfully, he never bites or used claws) and when I turn around to acknowledge him, he does that little pose and runs off back down the stairs. When he rounds the corner out of site, all I hear is "rrrrrrowwwwwwwww!" and back he comes, tearing up the stairs! At this point, if I've hidden around the corner, I can jump out at him for hysterical results!

Every time I hear an Arianwen story, it warms my heart. :luv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts