Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ridley-puss loves his food. Absolutely LOVES it. I swear that cat lives to eat. :lol:. The problem is, I'm finding it really rather difficult to wean him off the supermarket junk food and onto what I'd call decent stuff!

I guess at the age of 10 he might be a bit stuck in his eating habits at this point. He has been fed supermarket fodder all his life up until now. He does like dry food (I've managed to convince him to eat the grain free kibble at least) but does prefer wet food.

Any suggestions? At the moment he just licks at the good stuff and walks away. I'd quite like to get him eating raw as well - but again at his age I'm wondering whether he'll take to it. I hope so. Toby loved his raw meat.

He is doing really well by the way. I'm bonding with him now much more - but then he is such a lovely natured animal it would be hard not too. We let him out for the first time last weekend which was a bit scary (never had a cat I could let out before now!) but he came back bright and happy so all is good. He is very cute and has made himself right at home. I'm still missing Toby terribly, but snuggles with Ridley do help me feel better :D

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
What I did when I weaned Chiquita off the Fancy Feast was buy a variety of different "small" cans of good brands of wet food and try them out, I made a list of the ones I tried and noted whether she liked them of not.
I eventually through trial and error have about 7 varieties that she will eat that I rotate.

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooh, can I ask which brand of wet you are feeding? (Being a fellow Brit and all!)
I'm trying to convince the little toe rag to eat natures:menu or Lilys kitchen and he is having none of it at the mo :lol: I have managed to convince him to munch applaws though :D

In the meantime he is demanding Felix and Whiskas!

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
What I also noted was Chiquita liked "Turkey and Giblets" and "Chicken" and and didn't like the really fine "pates" so I tried those flavors in the premium brands.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ohh Whiskas! Cats do love that junk. At least you've convinced him to eat Applaws. I love that stuff!

I definitely need to try Lily's Kitchen too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts