Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes well I'll tell you whats going on :p

It's my beloved's birthday on the 23rd of August, in December we would have been together a year. Anyways I've got all the other end of the birthday celebration organised but I plan to write her a letter, and well give it to her. I decided if this would be the best way, too much to say in words and probably wouldn't come out right at the time :p Anyways I'm aiming for this to be something really special and for her not to forget in a hurry, something even to make her heart melt, or even bring a tear to her eye :p

Now you probably think why am I posting this on the cat forum general talk well mainly because I know how many people are here with excellent views on things and opinions and maturity. I know the 23rd's a long way off but I'm going to start drafting soon on word maybe.

Anyone else here ever done something like that for their loved one, or got any advice for me? :p Thanks =) When I've written a good chunk of it here I'll probably share it :)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
My husband did this for me, before we were married, and on our first christmas together. He wrote a long beautiful poem, and then put it in a music box shaped like a heart. It was the best gift I had ever received from anyone! I still have it and the music box.

I think this is a wonderful idea, and very thoughtful of you!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
My Hubby has done that, too.
It won't matter if it isn't a perfect poem, as long as the sentiment and love shine through, the words don't really matter. It will be special because it was heart-felt and the person receiving it treasures it because of that.
Mine are kept in the Hope Chest he had built for my wedding present. ...along with all the cards and notes from over the years.
Married 15yrs this past April.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
This is such a thoughtful idea. If the words don't seem to be coming perhaps you could find a poem already written that will express your thoughts. You could find a book of poetry in the library, or even do a search on the internet.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Awww, how sweet that you want to do something so special for your girlfriend! :D One idea I have is that you may want to choose a decorative paper...They sell them in dollar stores and craft stores. Good luck, and keep us updated (as long as she doesn't check the Cat Forum :lol:)!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who have replied so far, it means a lot =] Well do you think a poem is a better idea than just like well writing I suppose. I know a poem can be just that. If I tell her of the spot not everything I wanted to say will come out, thats why I'm planning early so everything can come to me. Oh yeah, and no Megan she doesn't check the cat forum xDDD

Thanks once again =)

*keeps trying to think of other things to write down :p*

·
Registered
981 Posts
My husband use to mail me cards listing the reasons he loves me :love2 I still have all of them!! And on our wedding he left a card at my parents house for me telling me
"To my bride. This is the happiest day of my life I cant wait to see you walking down the isle. I hope I never do anything that would cause you shame. I love you with all my heart and soul."
I cried and ruined all my makeup and had to redo it.
List the small things you love about her. Put the letter with a rose somewhere that she will find it (example- pillow, car, counter)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I don't think it necessarily has to be a poem. Just let your heart do whatever it feels it needs to do, to get the words out that it wants to say (did that sound right? :lol: ).

·
Super Moderator
26,400 Posts
You have a while to do this, so start paying close attention. Girls like when you notice things. :D

Like,

I love how your nose crinkles up when you smile.

I love it when you grab my hand when we're watching scary movies.

I love the way your hair smells when you step out of the shower.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah, as long as it comes from the heart, I think whatever you write will be very special. My boyfriend is no poet, but his birthday/anniverary/Christmas cards always touch me because they're so heart-felt. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all responces, this is starting to become a clearer picture, :) Going to start writing it out via word or something first and perfect it. =p

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
haha, good luck. I'm sure you'll think of something nice.

I haven't offered any advice, cos I "still think whacking a woman over the head with a club and dragging her back to my cave by her hair is romantic".... According to one person anyway :roll:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Caveman Huge :p

This isn't my intro haven't thought of that yet but I've got quite a good little bit I've just came up with:

'When we are apart, I lay there at night wishing you were beside me, cuddled up to me so I could watch you sleeping, listen to your beautiful breathing, feel your heart racing against mine. I do believe when we are apart our souls meet and cross the barrier, together up there we are uno.'

More to come but needs refining :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts